Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OVERVEST Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Power from fifth wheel is 30 amp to generator 120/240
    We a generator honda gx390 6500 120/240 we just bought a fifth wheel that has a power cord which is a 30 amp we would like to run everything in the trailer with out burning something up so any help at all would be super
    Thanks for your time
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 01:45 PM

This is a confusing post.

What is a "fifth wheel"?

What is the difficulty?

Do you basiccaly want a cord from your generator to the (?)

What kinds of connectors are we dealing with for power in and out?
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Jul 12, 2009, 03:48 AM

They sell a connector at the camper store that you can put on the end of your cord to convert from a 30amp plug to a standard outlet that should plug into your generator. We use one all the time at home when we want power in the 5th wheel out in the driveway. For lights, vacuuming, turning the fridge on early before we pack it up etc. The only thing is, I doubt you will be able to run your a/c with the generator. But you should have lights, fridge, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power generator? [ 2 Answers ]

How does power generator works ?

Run a Lennox Furnace on Generator power [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All, Can I run my newer (2004) NG Lennox Furnace on the Generator? Sorry I don't have the model # but I am sure it is a "Builders Special" Or should I just use that circuit for General Lights on my Transfer Switch? Thank You in Advance!!

Generator power transfer switch [ 1 Answers ]

Our power goes off on a frequent basis. If it is off more than 8 hr I need to power up with my own generator 8kw, to prevent spoilage and to run the well. My question is do you have to disconnect the neutral also and run the neutral to the generator or can the neutral be common to both power...

What to look for when purchasing a power generator [ 7 Answers ]

I'm building a emergency home kit and will be purchasing a portable generator for this kit. I'm looking at a 2.4 hp 1000 watt max/960 rated generator, I'm not sure if a 120v, 8 amp ac receptacle can run anything larger than a handtool. Is there some kind of listing of what can be operated and how...

Generator power output cuts in and out [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a Coleman Generator a few months ago and I have it connected to an inverter. The inverter is connected also to 16 "deep cycle" batteries and usually powers the house from solar panels. Everything has been working terrific until last night when the generator began cutting in and out. It...

View more questions Search