Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 04:37 PM

Did you check to make sure nothing happened to your vent outside?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 04:38 PM
    There is also a reset in the bottom door in the blower compartment on some furnaces.
    omgnowaykati Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 06:20 PM

Nope. Nothing is wrong with the outside vent. Im going to go check the blower compartment and snap some photos of that as well.

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:27 PM

OK. Does the vent motor spin fast when you first turn it on? No rubing or grinding or anything like there might be something in it?

Apr 24, 2009, 06:51 PM

Nope, Nothing grinds.I just got done checking to see if there was anything in there and nothing. I couldn't find a switch of any sort. Here's a picture.

Apr 24, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Another thing, That fan in the left top corner is always spinning even if it furnace if off. Not sure if that would/could be a problem.

Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:56 PM

Well it looks like there is nothing in the bottom door so you can put it back on.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
    When you first reset your unit. The vent motor comes on? Then does anything else happen before it starts flashing 33? Or does the blower motor just start running and nothing else?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:00 PM

From what I have seen in your pictures all the sfty switchs have the red wires going to them. Execpt for the pressure switch.

Apr 24, 2009, 07:06 PM

Here's what happens when I first turn on the furnace.

- 3-5 Sec wait time till the Blower Turns on sounds normal... like the AC is running

- 5 seconds after the blower turns on a flashing code 33 starts to flash.

I go to my thermostat to turn off or on the furnace but nothing, I have no control over my furnace with my new thermostat. The old t-stat didn't have batterys and it wasn't reading the Degree inside the house nor would it show anything, It seemed to be dead.

But with the old t-stat it would do the exact samething, The furnace would not turn on unless I hit the ON switch on the furnace.

Apr 24, 2009, 07:09 PM
    None of the red wires that I can see have a switch of some sort. There is only 1 switch that I'm able to push in.

Apr 24, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Should I try to install my old thermostat back? Could there be a reason why my old t-stat was not working since it didn't come with batterys?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:11 PM

It still sonund to me like it is the limt behing the gas valve. Turn the power off. That the 2 wires off it. Put the two wires together and turn the power back on see if it runs
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:13 PM

Take off the stat and tell me what wires you have going to what terminals

Apr 24, 2009, 07:13 PM

Okay, Going to go try that.

Again, Thanks for helping me this far. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:14 PM

No probem anything I can do to help. Just hope we can get it fixed for you

Apr 24, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Okay, I tried what you said and that seemed to work. I now have control over my furnace I think, It doesn't power up anymore, Do you want me to turn the heater or AC to see if it works?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:22 PM

Furnace
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 07:23 PM
    For heat

Apr 24, 2009, 07:29 PM

OK going to go try that.

Here's a picture of where the wires go to, on the wires I just disconnected there is 1 red wire going to the switch with a button and 1 red wire going into the blower door. Here's a quick picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting 4 flashing lights - open high temperature limit switch [ 7 Answers ]

Thanks for your input. I finally was able to reverse the wiring and got it squared away. While I was in the attic I thought I would replace the motor which drives the fly wheel. I thought I was a hero till I put everything together and discover 4 flashing lights. The lights indicate "open high...

Furnace won't light without a furnace switch reset [ 15 Answers ]

Hello I have a Tempstar/Keeprite furnace model HGF120NE-1, Serial number 8464124770. (the exterior of the furnace has Tempstar logo and interior of furnace has Keeprite logo.) This furnace has an intermittent pilot light system. At times, especially in the morning after allowing a...

Gas furnace still not blowing warm air after reset [ 2 Answers ]

We have the Carrier 9200 gas heat/cool unit (indoor). We followed the reset instructions and the fan is blowing but we're still getting cool air. What causes it to blow out only cool air and not warm? What else can we do. Again, our home is mainly gas and our oven works fine. I tested the Air...

Trane xe 80 open high temperature limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace is about 13 years old... we just replaced the ignighter in it last night because it was running through all the steps to run except ignighting. It fired right up and ran for about 7-8 hours... now it won't ignite at all (it is running through all the steps it needs to except for...

View more questions Search