Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pillayn2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 11:07 PM
    Sniffing stuffed toy
    A friend of mine has a son who is now 10 years old. He has a stuffed toy which is now in shreds. He is attached to his toy.He holds it close to his face and sniffs it... he has been doing this for the past 7 years. I am concerned that he may develop an addition to other substances when he grows up. I don't know what to say to his parents. Please let me know if this is a unique situation and whether anything can be done to help him to break away from this toy.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 11:27 PM

I'm not so sure if this will lead to an addiction to drugs. If he's only sniffing the toy, it may be because that he's very attached to the toy. I know kids who have attachments to blankies that have the same habit of sniffing the blankie or rubbing it on their face.

The only real issue that I see here is that he may develop an infection or an irritation due to the toy. See if there is a way of possibly cleaning the toy every now and then.

I have a feeling that by the time he's 12 (or even sooner), he should grow out of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 yr old constantly sniffing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old step son that constantly sniffs. He says his nose isn't runny and there's is nothing to blow. Its like a tickle in there he says. This has been going on a while and we took him to the doctor and the doc said it could be an allergric reaction to something in the house. Well how...

Sniffing dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone ,it's me again.. lol... I am happy to report that Jake is doing great with his crate traing and hasn't had a pooping accident in a coouple weeks.It seems once he got over his medical problems he is doing wonderfully.My question now is I have been trying to get Jake to walk on his leash...

View more questions Search