Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ainsle14 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Strong grip
    WHy does a strong grip promote a draw? I would think a weak grip would promote a draw since the wrist of the top hand is facing the target with a weak grip and it should be easier turn the club over with a weak grip. I cannot figure out why it easier with a strong grip to hit a draw. Thank you
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Feb 18, 2010, 10:30 AM
    A strong grip on a right hander is noted as the "left" hand being placed on the grip such that the back of the hand is very visible to the eye of the golfer when addressing the ball. The left hand then can only "lie" to the right and below the shaft. The opposite is true for a left handed golfer.

So now the grip by itself isn't the issue of the draw, it's when impact occurs. At impact time, the strong grip will tend to roll and turn more through the impact zone thus enabling a "draw" on the ball.

A weak grip by comparison will tend to keep the club face open and thus giving a "fade" to the right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Heart - How do I stay strong even though I'm hurting & b strong to stop call him? [ 37 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I were together for over 3++years. Every time we get into an argument or fight he wants to break up. I am so confused and broken. He doesn't seem to care about me. He would turn his phone off for days and I always call him back and he told me so many times that he doesn't want the...

Most famous film is TRUE GRIP [ 3 Answers ]

What is John Waynes real name?

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Handle does not grip on stem valve [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1950's shower set-up, with separate hot and cold valves for the tub and shower. The stem valve is stripped at the point where the handle connects; I can't find a replacement stem valve that fits the plumbing; and I don't want to completely tear apart the tile behind to rebuild the whole...

Movie in which Audie Murphy uses a pistol grip shotgun [ 1 Answers ]

My memories of this are pertty vague, but I'm fairly certain that it Was Audie Murphy. I think the hero was injured or something, and Cut down a shotgun, sawing off the barrel and the stock to make a Shotgun pistol, and then using it in a swivel holster. Any ideas what Movie this was from,...

View more questions Search