Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Thanks survivor07 for always helping me through the difficult times =P couldnt do it without you!! XD
    How did she help? I don't see it. :confused:
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    How did she help? I don't see it. :confused:
    lol thanks for all of AMHD not just her!! I've grown a lot since I joined this community =P
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    I AM RANTING HERE.

Joe
    LOL... nice rant Joe :cool:

Do you feel better :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 03:59 AM

Yes, I actually feel a lot better. Thank you M... (;

Always feel better after RANTING.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Apr 23, 2009, 04:47 AM

I understand where you are coming from jesushelper, but if people did know exactly what to do after abreak we would not need this website and the relationship experts on this website.When my ex broke up with my I posted the same question here how can I get back with my ex thinking my relationship was somehow different than all the others.

So the point here is even if I have to repeat myself a billion times that NC is the best thing to do after a break up in most relationship, I will hoping that just one person would not have to go through the same pain and cofusion that I had to go through.I guess that is the point of this website.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    I understand where you are comming from jesushelper, but if people did know exactly what to do after abreak we would not need this website and the relationship experts on this website.When my ex broke up with my i posted the same question here how can i get back with my ex thinking my relationship was somehow different than all the others.

So the point here is even if i have to repeat myself a billion times that NC is the best thing to do after a break up in most relationship, i will hoping that just one person would not have to go through the same pain and cofusion that i had to go through.I guess that is the point of this website.

I am not discouraging people from asking questions at all. Yes ask the questions that are needed. I think you misunderstood what the whole thread is for. The thing is yes people ask questions. There are the few that have answers from different people three pages long and still do not get it. Still does not sink in. They still want to go and harass people that either are not really into them or exes that just want to move on yet one party is still obsessing over it. You sound very smart, and am glad your helping others from personal experience but remember I am talking about a very few. Here is a link of one example. Please read through the whole thread and come tell me the same thing you said above.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ex-344283.html

Yes, this website is for helping people. Some people it seems are beyond help from us. Meaning they do need professional help which some of them do. So nothing we do or say here will help. You need to understand that point.

Thank you by the way for posting. The topic got off subject for a while. Glad you started it up again.

Joe

Apr 23, 2009, 05:49 AM
    I am not discouraging people from asking questions at all. Yes ask the questions that are needed. I think you misunderstood what the whole thread is for. The thing is yes people ask questions. There are the few that have answers from different people three pages long and still do not get it. Still does not sink in.

I do understand what you are saying, and I have seen those 20 page long threads , but the point here is telling a person to stop contacting their ex's is like asking an alcoholic not to drink.Some people take longer than others to understad that thiers ex's are not really in love with them, and at times for me I get frustrated telling the same thing to the same person over and over again but I know at some point he will realize what we are trying to tell him is right

This link is not working.

Yes, this website is for helping people. Some people it seems are beyond help from us. Meaning they do need professional help which some of them due. So nothing we do or say here will help. You need to understand that point.
    Joe
    I do agree with you here that some people are beyond help and need to go see a professional, but after a breakup the line between normal and obsessive is a little blurred, and I think this website helps to ,make people realize that stalking your ex is not normal
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 06:44 AM

Tried rating you but for some reason the rating is not working. The site today is messing up big time. It should allow me to rate you but says I can not rate you as a user.. Weird. Everything has been messing up today on this site.

You made some very good points. Your right, it does help people realize that stalking their exes or people they think they love is not normal.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Well I am one of those thick people. I came in with an affair issue, knowing full well what you all would say. I did pay for outside counseling and did the whole thing. But for me, it was waiting to hear that one thing to make it all click. I knew what I had to do. I knew what the right choice was and yet something inside of me still needed to hear it over and over. I needed that reassurance. While you all thought I was not a nice person maybe or got sick of the thread, it's a good feeling at this end to see it and read it and know I am not alone.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 23, 2009, 07:33 AM
    You are the man and you are so right.. these people need to finally get a life.. geez if they would just wake up they could save alotof heartache
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 09:32 AM

Okay, two things here.

1. KC, to get your ex back. It's simple, first you stalk her house, steal her pet. Send her a picture of the pet with an awesome cut out of a letter, fully equipped with words spelled out with magazine letter cutouts. This will show her how thoughtful and creative you are, sign it "yours eternally" and I will guarantee a response.

2. I haven't been here as long as some of the other people on her. But I agree with Jesus, I am sick of people posting the same thing over and over, and then when we give them advice, they do the opposite and tell us how their story is so much different. NEWSFLASH! No it isn't. They want to believe in this fairytale romance, that if they meet their ex at an airport, they will come back to them running with open arms. Life doesn't happen that way. Countless threads of "how to get my ex back", "she wants a break, but says she loves me" and my favorite "broken up, confused by her"

The only confusion is added by you, you waiting around like a love sick puppy dog who eagerly awaits a bone. You can't get your ex back, they are gone. They realized that they wanted something else in life and are going about their life without you, stop calling, writing, e-mailing, can-to-can them, whatever way of contact you have with them

And for the love of god DELETE YOUR FRACKING MYSPACE!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Okay, two things here.

1. KC, to get your ex back. It's simple, first you stalk her house, steal her pet. Send her a picture of the pet with an awesome cut out of a letter, fully equipped with words spelled out with magazine letter cutouts. This will show her how thoughtful and creative you are, sign it "yours eternally" and I will guarantee a response.
    Another good way along those same lines is to look for photos of children that would look like kids you two would have if you had kids and paste them to a photo with the two of you. Then write something like "our future family" and send it to her with some baby toys. Chicks dig that stuff. You should have no problem getting her back after that.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 06:33 PM

I agree with what Jesushelper has said and I almost feel like this should be a sticky for newbies.

If your coming here you know something is wrong, so why people start arguing with those trying to help is beyond me. I know when I first came here, I actually already knew the answer. But I was surrounded by friends telling me things like "she'll come around" and "she wants to but she needs time." In my head I knew that wasn't the case but emotionally I wanted to believe so what I got from this site was unbiased truth.

I understand people want what they can't have, but at some point if what you are doing isn't working, then you have to follow the advice of others. Why some of these posters want to argue with you when you are trying to help them I don't know. Some of them need to be dealt a dose of reality... something to shake them from what the path they are on.

Apr 24, 2009, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff View Post
    I agree with what Jesushelper has said and I almost feel like this should be a sticky for newbies.

If your coming here you know something is wrong, so why people start arguing with those trying to help is beyond me. I know when I first came here, I actually already knew the answer. But I was surrounded by friends telling me things like "she'll come around" and "she wants to but she needs time." In my head I knew that wasn't the case but emotionally I wanted to believe so what I got from this site was unbiased truth.
    You know when you came here what you were doing was wrong but when I came on this website I thought I was just showing my ex how much I loved her by calling 30 times a day and sending her presents on her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by chuff View Post
    I understand people want what they can't have, but at some point if what you are doing isn't working, then you have to follow the advice of others. Why some of these posters want to argue with you when you are trying to help them I don't know. Some of them need to be dealt a dose of reality.....something to shake them from what the path they are on.
    After a breakup some people take longer than other to realize that what they are doing is just plain wrong hence the 40 pages long threads.

On a side note when I do get frustrated from telling the same person the same thing over and over again, I usually move on to other people problem who are more willing to listen.For the people on here who do get frustrated like I do I suggest you do the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Pretend Proposal - what does he really mean? [ 8 Answers ]

You'd think that by 30, I'd understand lads, but I am stumped on this one. A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went to get chinese take out. I waited in the car and when he came out with the food, he also had a gumball machine "bubble" containing a ring. As we were driving home, he handed me the...

How to do you.S. Tax filling, I am holding H1, my wife and son are holding H4 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am holding H-1B, my wife and son are holding H4. I was here in US for 2 times in 2006, June 7 days and December 14 days, my wife and son came here in December and stayed with me till last week of Jan'07. I want to file my returns for 2006. I am still working here on h-1B. My family will...

Pretend break up [ 8 Answers ]

OK, I am in a steady relationshio with my 18 year old boyfriend. I am 16. And at first my mum was fine with us at first. But then she made us split up because he lives in a council house, and I live in my mums own house. I think you get the jist, she is kind of snobby. But he makes me happy. So I...

View more questions Search