Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Apr 22, 2009, 12:35 PM

I'd like to point out that a lot of the people that post on this board are being lead on, teased and toyed with. They are obviously not clueless because they are seeking answers. Most of the time they are arguing with you because they want to be convinced. I don't see a lot of posts with "she said it's over and doesn't want to speak with me". I see "She still comes over" or "he calls me every day". As an observer it's easy to tell someone to get out of that situation but when you are in it, it's so much harder to see.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:43 PM

Sometimes I find myself getting really frustrated with someone's thick headedness and stubbornness and I keep have to repeat myself. I guess I just seemed to like to help people and return the favour. To be honest when I was new here, I was exactly the same with all the questions but I'm not as thick headed as some people here. I guess inexperience does play a role in some cases. =P
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:44 PM

I will be the first to admit I was fairly stubborn when I first came to this board... I wasn't just born good at giving advice, experience has taught me a lot.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:46 PM

If any of you had any idea how many times I sit at my desk banging my head on the monitor, well, you'd get the white jacket for me!

I have a theory. For those of you that are saying we have to be patient, kind, understanding, well, I was when I first got here, but after over 5000 posts, you, it gets old.

How many times do you have to tell someone to go to No contact, stick to no contact, do it, do it, do it and then they argue with you? I didn't offer you advice, you asked for it, either take it or ignore it, don't come and argue with me!

How about the pregnancy questions, those are my personal favorites. Pee on the monitor, I'll have your result for you after you computer stops smoking! :(

The fact is, we have stickies, they deal with No contact, how to tell if you're pregnant, etc. etc. The majority of the questions asked could be answered by reading the bloody sticky, or looking at others posts.

I understand, everyone thinks that their story is different, unique and they want talk about it. Fine, no problem, but get your head out of your arse and listen to what we are saying. Could it be that we give the advice we give because we've been there done that? No way! What a concept.

Okay, now I'm ranting.

KC, just call the ex, don't stop until she answers! ;)
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I will be the first to admit I was fairly stubborn when I first came to this board...I wasn't just born good at giving advice, experience has taught me a lot.
    You mean to say you're not stubborn now? Hmmmm. :p;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:48 PM

The ex is dating someone else right now, so I don't think a phone call will do it... something more drastic is in hand... :cool:
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
    The ex is dating someone else right now, so I don't think a phone call will do it...something more drastic is in hand...:cool:
    Sing to her under her window in the moonlight. Bring flowers and chocolate. Or, um, you could go out with HC, I believe she's currently single. :cool:

I should really start a matchmaking thread. :D
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
    The ex is dating someone else right now, so I don't think a phone call will do it...something more drastic is in hand...:cool:
    Ooo... I know!!

Hire a Mariachi band, one of those humongous blow-up gorilla monster things that is holding a sign that says "I'll LOVE YOU FOREVER," rent some clowns, and buy a HUGE trampoline. Park all of these on her doorstep and refuse to leave until she agrees to marry you. :D That will work. Shows your dedication, man!
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Or, um, you could go out with HC, I believe she's currently single. :cool:

Or... that works... ;)
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:51 PM

rent some clowns
    Clowns are evil! :eek::(
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:53 PM

I bet Joe's reading this thread and hitting his head on his desk saying "what happend to my thread"

::giggles::

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sing to her under her window in the moonlight. Bring flowers and chocolate. Or, um, you could go out with HC, I believe she's currently single. :cool:

lol some people just might take it seriously =P

you should alty start a match making thread, you have one success story so far =P
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:54 PM

Thread got jacked!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 12:54 PM
    You got thread-jacked!
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Thread got jacked!!!
    Sorry. :o

It's a disease, KP gave it to me. I blame him! :(

Forgive me Joe?

I'll go back into my corner now.

:: hangs head in shame and slinks back to corner::
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:00 PM

lols thread did get jacked =P I
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
    :DYou almost had me Joe,:p but I knew Alty was lurking just waiting for me to stick my head out of my cave. :rolleyes:Then WHAM, her and ger buddy Starbuck, :eek:gotta watch them. HEHEHEHE, nice try but I ain't buying.:cool:
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:49 PM

What's a white jacket guys? O_O
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Whats a white jacket guys? O_O
    A straight jacket Noney.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks survivor07 for always helping me through the difficult times =P couldn't do it without you! XD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Pretend Proposal - what does he really mean? [ 8 Answers ]

You'd think that by 30, I'd understand lads, but I am stumped on this one. A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went to get chinese take out. I waited in the car and when he came out with the food, he also had a gumball machine "bubble" containing a ring. As we were driving home, he handed me the...

How to do you.S. Tax filling, I am holding H1, my wife and son are holding H4 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am holding H-1B, my wife and son are holding H4. I was here in US for 2 times in 2006, June 7 days and December 14 days, my wife and son came here in December and stayed with me till last week of Jan'07. I want to file my returns for 2006. I am still working here on h-1B. My family will...

Pretend break up [ 8 Answers ]

OK, I am in a steady relationshio with my 18 year old boyfriend. I am 16. And at first my mum was fine with us at first. But then she made us split up because he lives in a council house, and I live in my mums own house. I think you get the jist, she is kind of snobby. But he makes me happy. So I...

View more questions Search