Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2004, 08:56 AM
    Win98se cab file needed
    I'm installing a USB card in my PC, all drivers are loaded, but I seem to have lost or misplaced my Win98se disk to compleat the install, can anyone help the file is:
    Base5.cab
    If anyone can help I would be so grateful.
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2004, 08:43 AM
    Re: win98se cab file needed
    Check this site out

http://www.bios-drivers.com/drivers/78/78277.htm

You are on your own as far as trying it.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 8, 2004, 01:03 AM
    I have personally written (4) D.I.Y. Computer Repair Manuals; most of which are available for FREE that will explain step-by-step how to restore your Windows 98 and ME .cab files and reinstall Windows 98/ME from your hard drive without the use of a Windows CD.

You can find the FREE downloads at the link below by clicking on the "Products" page, "Free Downloads" and then "PC Repair Manual for Windows 98/98SE/ME".
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 9, 2004, 09:43 AM
    In Win98(SE), the CAB files are not stored on the harddisk, unless the guy who installed Windows intentionally did so.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 9, 2004, 09:56 AM
    URMOD4U is absolutely correct in his statement, however, most computer manufacturers DO in fact, install the Windows .CAB files onto the hard drives before they ship them out to customers. All the major, name brand companies did this for Windows 98/ME.

Now, if you had your computer built at a small Mom and Pop shop, or by the teenage neighbor down the street, then no, this would not necessarily be true because it requires extra time and a certain level of expertise to do this. Some people won't bother with the extra work involved and less experienced people simply won't know how to do it.

Having said all that, the manual contains other useful Windows fixes and for FREE, it is worth a try!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not access EXPLORE (file manager) in WIN98SE [ 3 Answers ]

Can not access EXPLORE (file manager) in WIN98SE When I click on MY COMPUTER or right click on START BUTTON and left click on EXPLORE my computer locks up. Before I went on vacation I shut the computer down, and when I came back Everything was working (I THINK) except the ability to get into...

Os win98se [ 4 Answers ]

Help! Unable to start windows, keeps going to C prompt, I have lost my floppy rescue disk. Can someone help me with this?

To file jointly or separately? Help needed please [ 1 Answers ]

Need help chosing best filing option for my wife and I. We live in NJ, I work in NYC, wife works in NJ. Is it better to file jointly or separately? NY taxes on NY income only, but does use total income (wife + mine) for rate base calculations. Wondering which filing options would be best... ...

Help needed: Form to file 1040NR? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Before I start with my question, Thanks to AtlantaTaxExpert for patiently answering the questions to all.It does really help us many reading your posts. I got most of the information I require from the questions other people have asked. I am trying to follow this post for my decisions...

View more questions Search