Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 04:29 AM
    Worried about getting pregnant
    Hi all,
    I've been on the pill now for 3 years now.Last Sunday,I had sex with my fiancé and after we were done,I realised I forgot to take my pill.(it was at 12.30 and I take my pill everyday at 11.00 am)I took it straightaway after that.The thing is that,I read the leaflet in the pillbox and it says that if I take the pill no later than 12 hours its fine. Im supposed to have my period this coming weekend but I haven't had any back pains like I always do before my period.Could somebody please tell me if Im going to be pregnant? Thanks.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 22, 2009, 07:05 AM

Don't stress yoursel out... but if yor period doesn't come take the test... stress will cause your period to be late also
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:33 AM

It's possible, but unlikely. You took the pill not much later than the usual time and you tend to be protected for a time while on the pill anyway. Add that it was just several days before your period is due makes it even more unlikely.

Wait and see what happens... give yourself a few extra days if your period is late, then test if need be like nitelight mentioned.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 22, 2009, 04:40 PM

Don't stress. I was on the pill for 7 years, and I just took it at "bedtime". Which IS NOT recommended for optimal results (usually around the same time but sometimes hours later), but like Doula said... you were not that far off and you did end up taking it. Just wait and see, but being stressed about it may also make your period late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Should I be worried about getting pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I take birth control pills, but I don't actually take the placebo pills for the fourth week. My last pack had my week of placebo pills go from Monday to Sunday. On Friday, which was the third day of my period, I was wearing a tampon but my boyfriend pressed inside me about an inch or two...

Worried could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I was spotting brown discharge for 3days, during those 3 days I had sex unprotected, and then I bled for maybe 1/2 a day not even(which should have been my period), and it was so light, and then back to brownish spotting for 1 day and then nothing. Do you think that I could be pregnant? And do I...

Worried I can't get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I hope I'm in the right topic... I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 almost 5 months and nothing yet... I am worried that maybe I can't get pregnant... but I don't really no what to do. I am wondering if there is anything I can try to help me get pregnant and if that doesn't work how can...

View more questions Search