Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carlo Ual Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 11:43 PM
    Nonattendance at court
    To Whom Can Help And Answer My Questions

I Was Working For United Air Lines For Almost 5 Years ,I Have Been Working Very Hard Almost 16 Hours Per Day And My Background Is Middle Eastern ( Although I Am Usa Citizen )so While I Was Working I Was Treated Unfairly By Some Of My Supervisors And I Have Been Almost Fired By Them Few Times For Even Small Mistake ( We Were Not ,part Of Union Then ).so Finally After Union Things Were Much Better For Me As I Was A Shop Stuart Of Union Myself And Have Had To Deal And Be In Meeting With Some The Same Managers That Use To Hate Me For Whatever Reason They May Had.

My Problem Started That I Have Made A Lot Of Passengers Friend From The City Where I Use To Work ( San Francisco ) And I Use To Give Them Upgrade Certificates That Were Already Used By Other United Customers And Not Have Been Canceled Yet And This Happened For A While And There Were Times That They Brought Me A Gifts And Souvenirs From Where They Visiting And There Were A Girl South American Use To Help Me Sometimes And Give Me Those Upgrade Certificates From The Cashier Of Company Since She Was Working There,( She Was Also An Agent **customer Service Rep ) Like Myself,so There Were Times That Friends's Were Asking Me To Issue A Tickets For Them And I Was Asking Her To Do That For Me Since I Was Not Supposed To Issue Tickets For My Friends And Family,so I Was Asking Her To Do That For Me And She Was Doing It And There Were Times That I Couldn't Find Upgrade Certificates For Friends And She Was Asking For Money And Giving It To Me And I Was Collecting Money From Those People Who Asked Me For That And Giving It To Her ,this Happened For About Almost 6 Or 7 Times Until One Day She Called Me At The Gate Where I Was Working And Asked Me If I Wanted Some Tickets Or Upgrade Certificates And I Said Not Really ,but If You Have You Can Keep It I Will Give It To My Friends When They Ask Me For It . So Here She Comes At The Gate Where I Was Working At That Day And Time And Passed Me Out Those Upgrade Certs ( That I Didn't Even Requested ) And Tells Me Give Me The Money Whenever You Have It ( Those Upgrade Certs Could Be Issue Anther Any Names And Any Other People Could Use It And There Is No Price On It As A Value,, complementary Service Upgrades ).

So I Did Not Know That Was A Set Up By Managements And Police Since She Was Cut By Perhaps Other Reasons And Since She Wanted To Bail Herself Out,put All The Guilt In My Shoulder And Therefore I Went To The Police Stations At The Air Port And After Being There Almost 8 Hours They Almost Forced Me That I Have To Say That I Have Done It And It Was My Fault Ot They Take Me To Jail And Since I Have Never Been In Jail And Never Even Have Had Any Jail Or Criminal Or Either Civil Cases In My Life I Said To Them Ok Tell Me What I Have To Say An Di Will Say It And I Can Go After.( They Said To Me Yes, You Can, And We Suggest You To Go And Resign And That Way Every Things Gone Be Over And You Can Go And Find Another Job And Go On With Your Life ( They Even Mentioned The Name Of Some Body Else That Did The Same Things And All They Had To Do Was To Resign And Not Faces The Legal Cases ) And Honestly Since I Was So Depressed Of My Actual Life And My Mom Was Sick And Since I Told Them My Mom Was Sick ,they Put It In My Mouth That I Sold Those Upgrade Certs To Give The Money To My Mom And I Said Yes As I Thought That Is The Only Way To Get Out Of That Room Being With Some People Who Really Wanted Me To Accept The 100% Guilt And I Found Myself In The Empty World Without Anyone ( Since I Live Alone In Usa And No Family ) And Also Scared Of Going To Jail I Accepted What They Were Putting It To My Mouth.

cut The Long Story Short I Let Me Go And I Thought It Is Over.next Day Someone Called Me From United And Asked Me If I Want To Resign And After I Talked To Union They ( Union ) Said To Me That I Have To Heir A Lawyer ) And Since I Was Short Of Money I Couldn't Do That And Finally I Resigned Due To Benefit Of Conflicts. And I Start To Find A Job And Since This Happened Almost A Year After 9/11 It Was Not Easy To Find A Job As Most People Have Lost Their Jobs And So I Have Decided To Leave Usa To Stay With My Family For While,I Have Been Gone Almost For A Month That I Have Received A Email From A Friend Of Mine Saying That I Have A Court Later That I Must Attend And The Date For That Was Almost A Week After That Email ( Honestly I Could Make It ) But I Was So Scared And Sad And Most Of All Alone )so I Said I Did Not Go Back To Usa.so Now It Is Almost More Than 4 Years,actually Sep 11-2006 Was Almost 4 Years Over That I Have Not Been Back To Usa And Now I Really Want To Go Back To Usa.all I Do Almost Every Time When I Think Of America Is Cry And Cry Since I Have Lots Of Memory And I Life Here Is Not Better Than There For Me . So Please And Please Help Me To Know What Should I Do ?

I Like To Know If Statue Of Limitation's Apply For My Case Or Not ? Since I Have Never Done Any Things Wrong In My Life ,when I Was In Usa I Have Not Even Had A Traffic Ticket And I Always Respected All The Rules That Was In The Country As A Good Citizen . I Do Know That I Am Wrong About This Case ,but People Make Mistake Don't They ? I Did It And I Admit It And I Really Need Help And I Do Not Have Money To Heir A Lawyer ( Actually I Have Paid 1000 Dollars To A Lawyer And He Did Not Do Anythings For Me ) And I Even Asked Him If I Could Leave The Country And He Said Sure And Right After I Left And I Got That Email I Emailed Him Back And He Asked Me For 5000 Dollars More As He Said That Is A Felony Case With Multiple Counts And Since I Do Not Want To Go To Jail I Must Pay That Money To Him And He Can Maybe Help Me ( As He Said Maybe In Trail ) So Please And Please Tell Me What Are My Options. All I Have In My Life Is A Sick Mother And There Is No Money To Pay The Lower And I Really Want To Go Back To Usa As I See Myself Belong To There And I Am Unhappy Here . Please Tell Me What Are My Options Please I Begged You Please. Thank You Very Much.. .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Its hard to follow this, but if I understand you, you provided friends with free tickets or certificates they could use to get free tickets. And that these were not your certificates to use. To me, this sounds like theft of services. And I'm not surprised United is prosecuting.

I don't know what the statute of limitation is, but it sounds like they have a very good case. The only issue is whether you resigned under condition of not being prosecuted and have that in writing.

Otherwise, you NEED a good lawyer. A good lawyer may keep you out of jail, but I doubt if they can get you off without a felony conviction.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Once you are charged and a warrant issued there is no statue of limitation,

The statue of limitation is only the time from when the crime happens and a person is charged. So if they filed charges against you and issued a warrant, then that warrant will stay in effect forever.

Next merely paying a person back what you owe him will not take away any warrants if there really is one. That will be needed to settle the case, but you would have to appera in court.

The American Embassy near you may be able to check to see if you have a warrant for you in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court adjournment [ 7 Answers ]

After a trial or hearing, does the judge have to dismiss and adjourn the court? What is the proper procedure when the court have finished with the business at hand? What are the results if the judge fails to dismiss and adjourn the court? Will the Court consider the case still open? ...

Is it worth going to court? [ 8 Answers ]

My landlord violated RSA's by: 1: Charged my over half of my security deposit for cleaning areas of the house that are considered normal wear and tear. 2: Didn't pay interest on security deposit held over a year 3: Didn't advise me or notify me that I have 5 days from moving in to...

Advice before court? [ 8 Answers ]

This is kind of an update on a thread I started before. I had written about my fiance's ex not giving him his visitation and that my fiance' hasn't seen or spoken to his daughter since April. My fiance' calls weekly to try to talk to his daughter, but his ex never answers. Well for some reason, she...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Bankruptcy court [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I will be going to bankruptcy court in 4 days and 2 days ago had a phone conversation with the Trustee.He ask all the questions we thought was going to be ask in court plus some.What can we expect now and what are the questions we can expect now.I am so nervous I hope I can answer...

View more questions Search