Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Signing over rights ( just sickening)
    How many of you get so tired of non custody parents coming here and wanting to "give up thier rights" so they don't have to pay child support.

Most know I went though a tough divorce myself over the last year or so, and a long custody battle. I now have my son and as I just tucked him in bed, hugged him I almost have tears just thinking about a father ( or mother) not wanting their child to be with them.

Even when he was originally staying with his mom, I called him every night at bed time to tell him good night and hear a little about his day.

Some times it is so hard to give a simple answer when you feel like shaking them and giving them a slap as to 'what are you thinking"
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Apr 21, 2009, 07:51 PM

I agree with you 100%. The self-centered attitude of people like that really REALLY ticks me off.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:54 PM

It is pretty disgusting.

In my opinion if your willing to sign your rights over, then you don't deserve to be in that child's life anyways- so good riddance to you scum.

Sarah
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
    It's disgusting. I think about all the people who can't have kids or tragically loose their kids... and these people want to throw away this great gift from God. What kind of person looks at their own child and says "I'm done with you"?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:55 PM

It also drives me crazy how the girls don't want to go after the guy for support. Then they have a bunch of kids to a bunch of daddies and live off welfare. Worse yet they sign the birth certificate father: unknown simply because they don't want to go after the father for support.
    I was married, had 4 kids to the same guy,
    He filed for disability and so I ended up having to get the welfare and the little bit of disability money they gave to my kids for their dad.
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was bad circumstances but the system teaches these kids... its your body and its normal to have sex with who ever whenever. So it is the norm now because they do not think things through and they end up alone with a baby and no financial way to support the baby.
    The father usually doesn't keep a job, refuses to work or works under the table. Then he goes and has more babies with more women. Many of the guys have no means of supporting themselves so they prey on welfare moms.

Often the girls have no idea who the father is.
    Look at Maury. They swear up and down that they were only with this one guy. The test comes back ''NOT the father". Three shows later and 16 guys later she still hasn't found the right daddy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 07:59 PM

Yes, I have to be careful, got a lot of family that don't talk to me since I use them for examples here, but a family member, the lady has a child, and for years, was happy when the "baby daddy" who is and was married to someone else could come over to visit and bring some money now and then, finally they got a child support order but still makes excuses for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing Rights Away [ 4 Answers ]

I Live in the state of Illinois. I don't really know if different states have different laws for this. My daughter is getting ready to be born, the father of her is wanting to sign all of his rights away so he don't have to pay any child support, can he do that? We are not married.. The only reason...

How do I go about my ex signing over his rights to our son? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My name is faith hubert I have a 12 week old son by a man I was not married to and he told me that he would sign over his rights to him if I sent him the paper work. My queston to you is this how would I go about doing this? Would I have to go to court and get a lawyer because honestly...

Signing over rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 7mth old daughter and I've just recently started a child support case on her father. He wants nothing to do with her. I'm scared he may try to sign all his rights away. Does anybody know if I can fight that. Because I don't think it is fair to my daughter

Signing off rights ton my son [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any type of free help kit I can get to sign off the rights to my son that I have never seen?

Signing rights away [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 yrd old son and for the beginning of his life his father was around. Now for the past yr he wants nothing to do with him. I've given him every opportunity to spend time with him and to see him but he has not taken them. I am not even getting child support from him. I asked him to sign...

View more questions Search