Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tripwire170 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 06:58 PM
    She intends to get back but needs a break?
    My girl friend of three years decided last Monday that she needed a break. She told me she intends to get back together but needs a break to figure out some things with herself... May someone give me some insight please? Should I wait around for her? I have found that talking to her or seeing her makes me severely depressed.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Apr 21, 2009, 07:00 PM

Nope. She just broke up with you... but hasn't exactly told you you yet. Read this and see how much relates to you: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...fe-299132.html
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:05 PM

Unfortunately this is the first sign of the Breakup. She will tell you anything at the moment to soften the blow and not feel as guilty.

I would just move on if I was you and if she comes back you will be in a much better emotional state to decide if that's what you really want.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:07 PM
    A break is a trial break up. Usually the person doesn't come back. To protect yourself, accept the break up now. End all communication and move on. Do not allow her to string you along with phone calls, emails, etc. The sooner you get over her, the sooner you can move on to a healthy, happy relationship.
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Apr 21, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Second everything that's been said. My ex and I were together for nearly three years when she said she needed a break... which was to be with another guy. Cut off contact, start healing.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 21, 2009, 07:19 PM

I agree that you should just accept the break up and start moving on with your life now. She doesn't want the burden of commitment so either she won't come back or is metaphorically putting you on the shelf for later. Do not allow yourself to be used in this manner.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:26 PM

Don't wait, move on with your life. Put yourself out there, you never know who may walk into your life.

Best of luck to you.
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Apr 21, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Don't let someone keep you hanging while they explore their options. She only says that she intends to get back together so that if things don't work out with someone else you can be her fall-back plan. Forget her and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 12:58 AM
    When someone needs a break to sort things out, you disappear from their life, and enjoy your own, without them.

Cut all contact, and be busy, and unavailable. This is to keep you from being confused, hurt, humiliated, and made a fool of, when she decides she rather see someone else, but keep you as a friend. So no waiting for her, to make up her mind, just make up yours and just enjoy your freedom, and take advantage of all the options, and opportunities, that life has for you.

Why shouldn't you? Life is to short, to waste time on someone, who doesn't know how they feel about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break Up to Get Back [ 32 Answers ]

The girl in question will be 25 next Monday and a college graduate. I just turned 23 and about to graduate college in December. Keep that in mind when you read this, maturity levels have a lot to do with relationships. I've been seeing this girl for over two months and this past Saturday, she...

Why would you want them back when they want a break? [ 8 Answers ]

HI, Ive put my story on here before. But was just wondering why people would want there ex back once they want a break? Are they not disrespecting you wanting a break from you after a few years. I know I wanted my ex back and still do! But have learnt if she wanted a break from me did...

Break up and get back together! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my name is Katelynn, me and my ex boyfriend were really close we started going out then we broke up for 3 days then we started going out again then we broke up for 1 day and then got back together. And lastly we brock up and then he asked me back out! I don't know what to say I think I am done...

How to get her back during the break [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, maybe you can help me with this little problem of mine? The story goes like this, 2 months ago I feel 6 meters and got hurt and landed in the hospital. I was for good reasons helpless, and required people to come and help me do all sorts of stuff. When I got out I had my wrist bandaged, so...

View more questions Search