Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trainguy58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Murray tractor draining battery
    My murray garden tractor drains my new battery? Is the lead going to the points always supposed to be hot?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 07:42 PM

Your cables may heat up with a long startup of 20-30 seconds but not with a nornal start. You have a short some where.
    trainguy58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Your cables may heat up with a long startup of 20-30 seconds but not with a nornal start. You have a short some where.
    I didn't mean hot as in HOT very warm I meant juice running to the wire that gois to the stator even when the key is off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 MTD draining battery [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old MTD 52" deck riding tractor, replaced battery but within 2 days battery was drained. It will start when jumped, but now I have no electric anything, no dash readings and my electric PTO will not engage when switch is pulled. Is this possibly a short in wiring somewhere that...

'88 honda civic draining battery [ 1 Answers ]

Just got the A/C recharged over the weekend. It hadn't worked for about a year. And now that its charged and working, something is causing the battery to go dead. If it sits overnight it will be dead in the morning. Any ideas?

97 Neon AC Draining Battery Overnight [ 2 Answers ]

My Neon a/c has recently started draining my battery whether it's been used or not. I traced the battery drain down to the AC when I heard the compressor trying to kick in. The clutch on the compressor actually tries to engage each time I insert the fuse for the ac. If I leave the fuse for the...

Battery draining on 90 Honda CRX [ 1 Answers ]

Out of the blue I went to start my car and the battery was dead. I charged it, then my wife and I took it out shopping and to dinner and everything seemed fine. This morning I went out to start the car and once again the battery was dead. Both times I had made sure nothing was left on and after...

View more questions Search