Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emachinesxp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Anorexia
    I like a girl A lot but she thinks she is fat. She doesn't has no fat on her. She has that like tiny bit of what I would call skin around her belt line in stomach. But she does not have a belly. She has already been put in a hospital for not eating. And talks about passing out like its nothing. She has been hinting me for a while that she is anorexic. I have been reading article after article tonight to try and learn more. I know so much now its unbelivable. The only thing I don't know is how can I help her? Do I just force feed her, tell her she isn't fat, beat the living **** out of the guys who started calling her fat. I just don't want to she her get sick and pass away on me.
    Also: she was caught watching TV wide awake at 2. So will only sleep when I'm there cuddling with her. And I can't see her much because she's not that close to me.

Thanks
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
    I think you should help her to get professional help. This is a sickness, a disease and she needs proper help. No matter what you say, she will not hear it. She is sick. Her saying awake is common with having an eating disorder. She needs a lot of support to make it through this. I think all you can do is be a support for her.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2006, 11:28 PM
    If your friend has been hinting around to you about having an eating disorder than it must mean she's trying to reach out for help without actually admitting she has a problem. Both Anorexia, and another eating disorder, Bulimia, are killers. Professional help is always needed in sever cases. Non sever cases also need the help of a professional to stop the disorders from developing into a sever case. Along with that, she needs the support of her family and friends.
    Here is a really good site on this topic: http://www.mamashealth.com/eat/
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 08:03 AM
    I also have eating issues and with past friends and bfs it has caused a bit of tention. Reasuring her will make her feel a bit better, but if she has made up her mind about what she sees in the mirror then it won't really effect anything. I know that when people went to proffessionals about me I got very distressed and angry, and had a lot of resentment towards them because they kind of made me gain weight.

I think that you should just be supportive. Keep telling her she is fine, and thin, and just try and keep calm with her and not get frustrated. Try and get her to eat small things, even if it is just an orange or piece of fruit. It will help stop her passing out because of the sugar, and she will hopefully eventually accept the issue and decide to recover. If she is forced into recovery it might relapse, so try and keep her happy if you can. Because she has been hospitalizes a few times I don't think she is ready to recover yet.

Just talk to her about stuff, like about her day and friends and things, and make sure that if she does recover she doesn't start the binge cycle and start putting on heaps of weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search