Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bruce r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Getting Webpages to refresh
    Hi
    How do I get a webpage to automatically refresh when I open it. I am using internet explorer 7. I currently open the page and find it contains old data. Only way to update the webpage is to select refresh.

Cheers
    Bruce
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 04:35 PM

If you're saying what I think you are, and assuming IE7 isn't different than IE6, you can do that by going into Tools-> Internet Options -> General Tab. Then in the middle section under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button to the right. Then right at the top change it to "every visit to the page."

Of course, that'll start doing that everywhere you go and slow stuff down, which is why I just use the refresh.
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Apr 22, 2009, 06:59 AM

Also make sure you keep delete your cache on a regular basis. If you do this regularly, the new webpages should come up automatically.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Go to Tool > Internet Options, under Browsing History click on Settings, click the radio button for "Every time I visit the webpage".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CSS Overlapping Divs Until Refresh [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for your help. I have a site that I'm working on that once I make any changes and upload the updated page, if viewed in Firefox, the middle div overlaps the left. Please see the below snapshots: This is what it should look like: http://artbastet.com/abelian/images/ok.jpg ...

IE refresh [ 3 Answers ]

Why is it when using IE and checking up on my postings, the page hasn't refreshed itself. If I hit refresh, then bingo, now my screen is updated. This goes for any website I've visited. I restarted, shut down, have all the latest updates, and at a loss. Any clues? I'm just about ready to...

Refresh what url current visitor is seeing [ 1 Answers ]

I need to create a visitor list that will record and refresh what url or content the current visitor is seeing in an Iframe be it either video or website. Thanks in advance, Edub9 Untitled Document

How to refresh DIY Hair Color [ 6 Answers ]

Colored my hair using Excellence box color last week and it was a rich dark Mahagony brown (which I loved) and now it has faded to a lighter brown shade. Is there any way I can refresh the color? Should I re-color it again? I want to achieve a warm darker tone. Please help. Thanks

Automatic Page Refresh after done [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Is it possible to refresh a page automatically after the page has loaded and is done? The page is written in asp. Thanks, John

View more questions Search