Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgg1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 09:33 AM
    pay cut and child support
    If I have a court order to pay x amount per month and I received a 25% pay cut, may I cut the child support and alamony by 25%?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 11:03 AM

You must have the Judge sign an order to reduce your financial obligations. You cannot arbitrarily reduce these on your own. You will have to petition the Court for this reduction modification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Should I File for Child Abandonment or Continue to Wait for my Child Support Hearing? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old child out of wedlock and I broke up with his father since September 2008. He was abusive and I had him arrested. After he got out of jail, I allowed him to still see our child. We agreed that he would pay the child support without the courts being involved. Well of course that...

View more questions Search