Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brenramir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:22 AM
    The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change the cables?
    The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change does electrical cables?
    zanec Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2009, 12:28 PM

Turn your disconnect off first. Replace the wires with the same size/color and length as the other ones from the disconnect to the condenser with the same connections if there are any.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 12:58 PM

You didn't mention which ones. The electric in most cases is protected by sealtite conduit.

The thermostat wires may not be. You might have to purchase some Sealtite and put a junction box on the wall and make the splice in there. Make sure you make a drip loop.

You cannot run both the electrical and t-stat in the same conduit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat 7 Vs Cat6 cables [ 3 Answers ]

I know the CAT 7 has performance better than CAT 6 cables. I know the connectors and priferal equipment of using with CAT 7 should be specially designed to to impair the cat 7 performace. But what problem may I face if I want usiong the Data cable cat 7 instead cat 6 cable in a system designed for...

200 amp cables [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a maximum length for a electrical line from my 400 amp service panel to a 200 amp service panel in my detached garage. I would like to run the cable through the attic and outside then to the garage and the 200 amp panel. The detached garage is approximately 10 feet from the house. Thanks

How many cables in a PVC Pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I just ran my 100Amp #2Ga - 4 conductor wires (which all 4 conductors were in a jacketed cable) in a 2" PVC pipe, from my new Sub Panel to the main 200A house panel in the garage (only about 6 ft in the PVC pipe, the rest of the run is in the wall) My question is, I need to run another 12/2...

Electrical Cables [ 1 Answers ]

Instead of using 2runs of 2Core 300Sqmm ( Legth - 1km ) cable for single phase load ( Phase & Neutral ) , can we use 1 run of 4 Core 300sqmm cable (Length -1 Km ) for the same load with 2core for Phase and 2 cores for neutral.

View more questions Search