Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yhew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:22 AM
    General Chemistry equilibrium
    An acid-base equilibrium system is created by dissolving 0.10 mol HF in water to a volume of 1.0 L. What is the effect of adding 0.050mol F(aq) to this solution?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 08:55 AM

The equation for the equilibrium is

You know the concentration of HF. You haven't given me any Ka for HF so you can't solve this quantitatively.

Remember that

So, from that you can calculate the concentration of [F-] and figure out what happens to the equilibrium (it will drive it to the left).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

Explain how a liquid can have a boiling point of 80 oC at sea level and a boiling point of 74 oC at an altitude of 1000 m?

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search