Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swimbod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 11:56 AM
    First time
    I'm 16 and now looking to have sex for the first time.I am very nervous though, I worry about lots of things. Things mainly like will it be awkward and is everything fine 'down there' to the girls satisfaction,am I sad for still be a virgin and will she notice that I'm not 'experienced'. I know I should just go for it but my paranoia is holding me back. Any help will be great! Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Let me say that I am PROUD you are still a virgin!! That is very admirable these days!

Are you ready to be a father? Well it is possible no matter what kind of protection you use. You must be ready for the consequences of the action prior to performing the action.

That said, yes, it will be awkward. For you and her both. It will most likely be painful for her if she is still a virgin.

Not only should your paranoia hold you back. But if you are not ready for a lifetime commitment of a child, you should hold back.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 17, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Almost every guy has an "awkward" first time... in one way or another... ;)

Feelings of anticipation, performance, and anxiety are all pretty normal.

One other thing though about how you worded your post - Approaching this activity with the attitude of "I need to measure how well I do" is the wrong mindset. If you are "looking to have sex" as opposed to sharing love with someone you care about, your bound to have a very dissapointing first time.
    mcb1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 03:19 PM
    You don't need to worry,

I remember before I lost my virginity I used to think what if I don't know how to do a certain thing or will she realise that I was a virgin or would I finish too earlyetc..

When it actually happened it was so natural and I think your instincts take over and it was a good experience.

Get to know the girl(or gentleman) and if you feel comfortable with her maybe tell her girls are more sensitive and understanding about things like this, maybe don't go for full blown intercourse straight away maybe go with a bit of stimulation with your partner and get to know each other a bit better first in that department, she proberbly doesn't have any expectations and will appericate you maybe wanting to wait a bit longer.

16 and a virgin that's nothing to be ashamed off!

Mike
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Most boys and girls actually wait to 18 or 19 now adays, and most of your friends talking about having sex are doing just that talking.

And it is not uncommom at all for many to actually wait till they are engaged or married to have sex for the first time.

Main issue to remember no birth control is 100 percent effective, and when you have sex you risk the chance of becoming a father and owing child support till that child is 18.

So I would say that there is no need to rush,and that actually having sex at 16 will put you over all in the minority.

It would be sad to fool around too much now only to loose some girl you really care about latter who does not want to be with someone who had fooled around so much in their past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run time [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting this "a run time error has occured, do you want to debug?" If I click no, nothing is resolved. If I click yes, I get a blank windo that says "ready" but nothing happens. How did I get this and what do I do about it? Thanks. H*

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

When is the right time? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I need some help with something. Okay so girls how long should we be together with someone until it's a good time for a guy to give you a promise ring(promise ring is for I promise to be with her and be there for her forever). What would some of the signs be if she really into me, acually...

First time doing tax! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time do the tax, so I have some questions needed to be answered. Below is my scenario: I am from Taiwan, and I am under F-1 (OPT) from July 05 until now. My income last year is $13000.00, and I think I am exempt from Social security and Medicare tax. I moved from...

View more questions Search