Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hifolotin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Evicting my son
    My son never paid rent, is verbally abusive, drinks, uses drugs and comes in when he wants to. Do I have to begin eviction process or just change the locks?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2006, 06:57 AM
    I would say put his clothes in bags, set them on the porch and change the locks.

That is what I did to one of my sons when I was having similar problem.

Now on another, I paid for him three month rent at a flop house type rental,

But if he is not in school, and won't help with bills ( even if you don't need is abusive out they go, I am a firm beleiveer in tough love.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Sep 17, 2006, 07:49 AM
    Yes - change the locks. He is not a guest or invitee and certainly has no rights as a tenant.

A call to the police may well be worth getting him some help.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2006, 01:43 PM
    He is at least 18, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting an adult child in Tennessee [ 23 Answers ]

My son in 20 years old. He came home from college after getting kicked out for a GPA of under 1.0. He asked to come home for "3 weeks". This was May 4, 2006. The only room I had was my garage. I didn't want to make things too comfortable for him. He stays out half of the night drinking and...

Evicting an adult family member [ 6 Answers ]

Tried to help a family member who was down to get back on his feet by giving him a room in my house for almost a year. Now he does not want to leave and makes threat. Gets violent at times. How do I go about getting him out? Your help is greatly appreciated. Babe3530

Evicting a partner [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house with a partner. Both names are on the deed. She has not met her end of the financial responsibility. How can I evict her or sell the property. The loans are in my name.

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

View more questions Search