Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1xxx Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 20, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Moving to boston usa
    Hi guys,

I have recently decided to move to the USA I will be living with a relative so I don't need accom and I also have a job lined up in a family business over there I was wondering what documents will I need to be there legally? Will I have to get a visa? And if so how much do they cost? Im not sure whether to just get a flight over and try to sort it out while I'm there or sort all of this before I go Im booking my ticket for the end of May so I don't have much time any help you could offer would be great?

artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:19 AM

This link should answer all of your questions.

Immigration Direct

Apr 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    This link should answer all of your questions.

Immigration Direct
    Thank you for that that's great :D
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 01:11 PM

That's actually a link to an immigration service, the site might have some information but is basically going to ask you for money to do the papers for you.

First off where are you from and do you want to live in the US permanently?

Family can sponsor you to move there or you can apply for a temporary visa as a student or worker.

The site below is the official government website which will have more, and up to date, information

USCIS - Services & Benefits

Apr 21, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva View Post
    That's actually a link to an immigration service, the site might have some information but is basically going to ask you for money to do the papers for you.

First off where are you from and do you want to live in the US permanently?

Family can sponsor you to move there or you can apply for a temporary visa as a student or worker.

The site below is the official government website which will have more, and up to date, information

USCIS - Services & Benefits
    Okay thanks a million I am from ireland and I do have family living over there who would sponsor me I have been going through all these sites yesterday and this morning and its not really giving me any answers! I would be looking to be there for at least 6 months I have never been there before so I can't really say I would be there permanently just yet but the chance would be great I would like to stay as long as possible there's nothing here for me anymore :( thanks a million for the link I am going to have a look now! :D
    laBen Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2009, 01:46 PM

Also, take a look into the green card lottery, every year the us give away green cards to enable diversity in the us. If you have a irish passport, I think they set aside a certain number especially for ireland. It will allow you to live and work there legally.
    Without a green card or work visa, if you are caught working or you overstay, there are penelties that will make your future in america very difficult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boston terrier's eye [ 2 Answers ]

I know it sounds crazy. But what do you think the chances are that my dogs eye will just fall out for some unknown reason? The reason why I ask is that... You know how boston terrier's eyes kind of bulge out? It always worries me that one day they will just fall out. And right now his right eye is...

Boston terrier [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old boston terrier. He has blood in his poop. Is this something I should be worried about ? I call the v et and she said it's probably OK.

Boston apple pie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have a recipe for 'Boston apple pie' please? I promised a friend, who does not have a computer that I would find it for him. Unfortunately... no luck!

View more questions Search