Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edesigns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
    81 Dodge Ram-Alt. not charging batt.
    We have a 1981 Dodge Ram Pick up and the battery is not receiving a charge from the alternator. We replaced the alternator three times and they have all been checked and we were told all are good. So we know the alternator is working. Also the battery is good, but it is not being recharged. Also the vehical is running strictly off the battery for some reason and we don't know why. There doesn't seem to be a break in any of the wires and they are connected where they are supposed to be. So the question is.. Does any one know why the battery would not be receiving a charge. My husband believes the problem could be the solenoid and I say rewire it. Any suggetions or answers would be very helpful.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Check the voltage regulator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1985 dodge D150 Pickup Charging problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1985 Dodge D150 Pickup with a 318 engine. I had the alternator loose and the hot wire shorted against the exhaust manifold and smoke came from the wiring harness on top of the fender in the engine compartment on the driver side. Now the alternator is not charging I had the alternator and...

Charging Batteries In Series [ 13 Answers ]

TK, Got a question. I have two 12 volt batteries in series that run a 24 volt scooter motor. What kind of a adapter do I have to have to charge two 12 volt batteries hooked in series? A 12 volt one or a 24 volt one? I charged the scooter last night with a 12.5volt/3amp. Adapter but this morning...

John Deere 320 quit charging [ 3 Answers ]

I was mowing with my John Deere and it just shot off. I tried to retart after disengaging blades and it would barely crank. I charged the battery restarted the mower then pulled the positive battery cable and the mower died. It has the 21hp liquid cooled kawasaki engine. I have no idea as to...

Charging Home Unit [ 2 Answers ]

On the gages which I have, are three scales... One in Black PSI), one in Green for R-22, and one in red for R-12 refrigerant. It was suggested that I add refrigerant till the suction side (LP) is about 55-60 PSI and the Head pressure is 150-175 psi. I did this and the unit is 'cooling' however is...

View more questions Search