Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msstea Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2009, 09:44 PM
    Its been a day now still no hot water
    Well its been all day but no hot water The heating elements and thermostats are all correct and the wiring is all color coded according to the diagrams. There is power to every thing and once again hit the eco button and still not even warm water hours later.
    Help!!
    Could this be a breaker problem in the service panel?
    Maybe Im only getting 120 ? :(
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 10:36 PM

Check breaker. Instead of writing it all out on how to test the heater click below , step by step to test heater.
    How to Test a Water Heater Thermostat - wikiHow

Get back if things aren goinr well also there is a dip tibe in heater that may be bad. If it is then warm water at best.

http://www.inspect-ny.com/plumbing/W...ater_Anode.htm
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Apr 19, 2009, 10:47 PM

If you turned on the electricity before you filled the water heater with water you fried your elements and will need to replace them. If you don't know how much current you have you can get a cheap 4-way Voltage Tester from a hardware store.
    msstea Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2009, 10:56 PM
    I filled it before turning it on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

View more questions Search