shanazky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 06:33 PM
    equations inequalities
    solve |2x-4| < 10
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 08:40 PM

Solve this for X:

except for each operation where you multiply or divide by a negative number, change ">" to "<" and vice-versa. Once you have your solution, you can put it on a graph.

Basically, you'll get a vertical line (x=7). One side of the line will satisify the inequality, the other side will not. Since the inequality shows a "<" sign, the line, itself, will not satisify the inequality.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:53 AM

If you want to know the shape of the graph, try sketching it. You can deal with your question as if it had the 'definition' : What is the region where y = |2x-4| is 'below' y = 10 (< is for below, > is for above)

I'll post the graph so that you can see it.

Then, state the range for x where y = |2x-4| is 'below' y = 10
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite equations as balanced chemical equations [ 8 Answers ]

Magnesium chloride yield sulfur dioxide Calcium carbonate yields calcium oxide plus carbon dioxide Nitrogen plus hygrogen yield ammonia Hydrochloric acid plus sodium hydroxide yield sodium chloride plus water

Solving Linear Equations and Inequalities [ 4 Answers ]

I've been working on a practice set and this equation is giving me some trouble: -(3/4x-1/3)+2x The answer key says the answer is: 5/4x +1/3 I don't understand why the answer is stated as such. Shouldn't the 5/4x be -5/4x because of the distributive property? Also,

Deriving chemical equations from balanced net ionic equations? [ 1 Answers ]

1.) NaCl (aq) + MnO2 (s) -------->Mn2+ (aq) + Cl2 (g) in H2SO4 2.) KCN (aq) + KMno4 (aq) --------> CNO- (aq) + MnO2(s) in KOH

View more questions Search