Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ndanie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Noisy pipes
    Whenever I turn on my water the water pipes make a loud noise. What could it be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ndanie
    Whenever I turn on my water the water pipes make a loud noise. What could it be?

Please describe the noise. Bang? Rattle? Screech? Does it bang when you shut off a faucet? Is every faucet affected or just one? Waiting on you. Regards, Tom
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Someone once told me that when you install a shower and you run the hot/cost up the wall you should make a T solder joint instead of a 90 when going to control valve. With the "T" joint you can solder an extra 6" of pipe continuing up the wall and then cap it off.

The theory was that this extra stub would allow for any air in the pipes a place to go, and lessen the ratteling.

I have no idea if this is try or not, but it can't hurt and is minimal costs.

Just my $0.02

Knucklez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hamton Bay Fan - Noisy [ 2 Answers ]

The remote control works fine. My problem is a pulsing noise which is loud on high speed and less on each of the other speeds. The blades remain constant on which ever speed that is chosen. I'm looking to find the cause of the pulsing noise. Is it the receiving unit for the remote? Thanks

Ceiling fan too noisy [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan with the toggle dimmer to slow down the fan blade and now the fan motor is too noisy, what can I do to quiet it down. Tony

New A/C noisy when running [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently installed a new central a/c. When the compressor kicks on, there is a high-pitched sound coming through the a coil. With just the fan on or the furnace, this noise is not present. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. P.S. The installer isn't sure what it is either

Noisy central a/c outside fan [ 1 Answers ]

The outside fan on the compressor and coil unit has suddenly become very noisy and the fan is going very fast. I called Sears for service as it is on a prepaid maintenance contract but they can't come for 8 days. I have turned it off so no a/c. Is it OK to turn it on as it will be fairly hot in...

Noisy Drainage [ 1 Answers ]

Have begun hearing quite noticeable "cracking" sounds in the walls behind upstairs bathroom whenever water drains from sink or shower (but not toilet). I thought it might be a problem with the water lines and wall studs but have ruled this out by filling sink/tub with stoppers in place. Noise...

View more questions Search