Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtvonfossen Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Invisible
    Has anyone out there ever felt so invisable that the air they breathe didn't even make a difference? I see that commercial on TV about mothers feeling invisable and I know who that feels, but it is worse when you get close to retirement and no one seems to see you or hear you. It's like you are a non-person. I don't even expect anyone to answer or comment to this message decasue they won't even see!
    Debbie
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Wow, this is weird. A thread opens up, yet no question was asked.

Oh, dtvonfossen , I didn't see you there. :p

Welcome to AskMeHelpDesk

I'm sure there are some people in your life that care about you, a boyfriend perhaps? Husband, children? Sibling? Friends?

Either way, welcome.

Sep 16, 2006, 03:52 PM
    THNAKS FOR SEEING ME :) You are right of course. I do have many people in my life. Husband, children, etc etc... they see me, but sometimes I feel like they don't really SEE me... It's hard to explain. It was just what I was feeling at the time. Maybe the next time I post on this site I will make more sense.
    Debbie
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
    You are just to busy living for everyone else and now they are taking advantage of you. Shake it up a little. Go on a safari without them for a week or two. That will get their attention and when you get back they will see you! I can't see you but I hear you.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2006, 05:36 PM
    I see you, I see you, I see you.

Joe Joe Jumping up and down and waving at you. Welcome to the site.

Joe
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Firstly welcome, secondly never have I read something that makes so much sense especially right now so nice to know you aren't alone huh ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Hello, is there anybody there?

Hey, I can see you, can you see me?

Sheesh can I SO RELATE!!

But believe me, when my 4 year old stubbs his toe he sure sees me again!!

When the kids fight they both can see me again too!!

Other than that I feel like a figment of my own imagination sometimes. So I guess you can see now that we all go through this.

Why don't we take Magprob's advice and go on Safari, or to a Caribbean Island. I'm sure they will see us all when we get back
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 16, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Hi and welcome to the site. I know exactly how you feel. I agree, you should try doing something without your family even if it's just to show yourself how much they do see you, how much they do need you.

It can be hard when things are busy and there is so much going on around us. Sometimes it seems like we don't matter at all. We do matter! Isn't there anything you can do to make yourself feel better. How about doing something that can provide you with results. Take a class, volunteer at a shelter, do something that allows you to see that your actions have reactions.

Just a thought.

Sep 16, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Thanks for your response. I read a little of your experience. I was a nursing student for one semester. My nerves couldn't handle it. I admire you. I also have an aunt that had to have a mastectomy in her late 50's She did just fine and that was 13 years ago. She worries a little but that is only natural. We are all so happy to have had her with us all this time. Maybe we can talk again later.
    Debbie
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Sep 16, 2006, 08:10 PM
    You are so not alone. Try checking into a motel one night,alone,and take advantage of room service,get a massage, When you get home you will be seen.

Sep 17, 2006, 05:33 AM
    That is too funny. I love it. Maybe one day I'll try that!
    Debbie
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Sep 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Oh sure I feel invisible at times. My looks have faded & I don't get that obvious physical attention anymore practically, but it did come on gradually! Oh too be hung up on the "lack of things" & our feelings about them... it's all the scheme of hell to keep us from a spirit of fullness!
    Even as a nurse for 20 yrs. I'd say most of the time I "feel" just like another cog in the wheel. Sure we "feel" lonely or even out right alone. Friends can come & go, BUT.. I'll always have Jesus. He gives me beauty for ashes( a big one) strength for fear, gladness for mourning, peace for despair.
    The Devil would love to run amok my soul, to put a hook here & a foothold there, But I keep pressing on, thinking of God's blessings instead!

The Holy Spirit strengthens the will. If one walks in the Spirit, they don't live in their feelings.
    The power is in you to laugh at Devil when he tries to tell your soul to be fearful, angry, lonely, withdrawn, depressed, inadequate, bitter, etc. etc.-
    "I'm dead to that!"... For the Son has made me free indeed. Any questions?
    Jesus is the answer!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Believe me you are not alone. As life moves on and everybody starts to do there thing, it is so easy to be without some one to tend to or some emergency to handle. My first few months of retirement had me wandering 'is this all there is?' Then I started volunteering at a church, which led to tutoring young adults to get there GED's which led to this site, and before I knew it My whole day is filled with constructive stuff to do and I feel great. So will you if you keep hanging around here. The only thing invisible around this forum is the paycheck, but it is rewarding:)
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Sep 25, 2006, 07:07 PM
    I read this post a couple of times. Yes, as a matter of fact, I feel invisible too. It's funny how I had just mention something along these lines to my brother a couple of weeks ago. I feel like nobody sees me all the time. I think it's because we tend to not really tell other people and other people tend not to really hear us. I mean really hear and really listen. Some times you just want to stop and scream, I'm here!! :o I don't know what to do about it, but it is good to know that I am not the only one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search