Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ocscott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Yellow stains on bathroom floor
    I'm hoping that there is a simple way to find out if there are leaks under my bathroom floor. These yellow stains keep reappearring,no matter how many times I scrub them off. Also, there is a musty smell in the air and it is always
    VERY humid. I think perhaps this isn't healthy for me, as I have a brain infection/
    Disorder already... Any help would be appreciated
    -ocscott
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ocscott
    I'm hoping that there is a simple way to find out if there are leaks under my bathroom floor. These yellow stains keep reappearring,no matter how many times I scrub them off. Also, there is a musty smell in the air and it is always
    VERY humid. I think perhaps this isn't healthy for me, as I have a brain infection/
    disorder already... Any help would be appreciated
    -ocscott
    There should be a access panel behind the tub drain in the next room. Open it up and look for moisture. Is your ceiling spotted under the bath? Perhaps the only way you'll be able to track it down is to open up the ceiling and check. You're correct,mold is bad for your health and this should be looked into at once. Let me know what you fin. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puddle on Bathroom Floor [ 6 Answers ]

Noticed a puddle on bathroom floor when no one had been using it. Seems to be coming from the shower/tub area. Could a pipe be leaking behind the wall? If so, does the wall need to be opened up to fix it? Have noticed that faucet handles will not completely shut off after using them (they seem to...

Tile Bathroom Floor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my husband just recently Tiled our bathroom floor, and he just grouted the tile yesterday, how long will it need to dry before being able to get wet (like if we use the bathtub/shower) and also is it necessary to seal the grout? He says it's not but I have read on the internet otherwise? ...

Laying bathroom floor [ 1 Answers ]

Is it easy enough to lay the peel and stick 1'x1' tiles in a small bathroom? I realize the toilet must be removed, quarter round also. I also realize cutting is somewhat troublesome. Any thoughts? The room is a basic 7'x4' space. Thank you. KiKi

2nd floor bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to add a 2nd floor bathroom. I have a 4" DWV from roof to first floor bath. The whole house is on a slab. Needed to know if I can tie into the 4" pipe for the toilet,sink and shower on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor toilet is right above the first floor toilet. I here stories that when I...

2nd Floor Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new Shower/Sink in a 2nd floor bathroom. I am not familiar with plumbing code (I am more of a fixitup guy) and wanted to know if the plumbing that existed when I tore up the floor is to code, and if my new layout will create problems. Would it be easiest to take pictures and post...

View more questions Search