Big hugs.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:26 AM

Oh my God! I hope all goes well... what ever the outcome... :(
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:29 AM

Oh my god, that must be so hard on her family, hard on us all but especially hard on her. I do hope all goes well, gets better and we see her again some day

I send my deepest well wishes and I pray for her nightly, daily and every moment I can
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:32 AM

Thanks everyone.

This is what the doctors predicted. Heck, she hung on longer then they thought she would.

If this is the end, which it very well might be, I just wish her a quick, peaceful end.

That's what I pray for.

Love you Jo. Always.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:39 AM

I'm still praying for her :( in a sick sort of odd way, (and I really hope this doesn't sound terrible... ) but I'm sort of glad that she is in a coma now. She isn't in any more pain... and if she passes while in the coma it will be painless... my heart goes out to her family :(

*extra hugs for alty*
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:41 AM

Oh boy...

Knowing that my phone will never say "Canadian Duck" is very, very sad.

Love you, Jo.
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Oh boy....

Knowing that my phone will never say "Canadian Duck" is very, very sad.

Love you, Jo.
    HC, I still have one of her messages on my phone. I can't get myself to delete it.

The sound of her voice always makes me smile and cry.

We have the memories, the posts, the talks, the quacks, the feathers! ;)

She will always live on, through us.

Jo, always, forever, my friend.

God speed.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
    I can't help but wonder how she would be if she never fell in the first place. Everything seemed so normal with her right before she fell, she was posting and she came right back to post that she had hurt herself. It's all so very sad.:(

I hope everything turns out the best for her, no matter what the outcome.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 11:26 AM

Yes Dahlia.. I still remember that post, she seemed like she got only a few bruises, and now... she's in coma :(
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 11:31 AM

The breaking of her leg was the beginning.

If she hadn't broken her leg she would already be dead, because she wouldn't have gotten help at all.

Her liver was no longer functioning. They couldn't even operate on her leg because the operation would have killed her.

She was already on deaths door then, the broken leg only prolonged things.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 03:39 PM

God, I hate opening up your answers, alty, I mean, I really like hearing from you but in this thread it is absolutely scary.

Can you give some sort of warning, such as 'its okay I am just ruminating... '

Ticky
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 05:59 PM

Will do Tick. :)
    Pets Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 10:01 AM

A bit more detailed update.

We were called to the hosp around mid nite last nite. things were not going to well for Jo. She was very irritated and BP was very low, but the nurses thought they could handle it and said they would call. Then the midnight shift came on, and they called again and asked us to come in. Kendy went right away, and Rob and I left from the lake (1 hr drive)When we got there , Jo was not responding to anything or anyone. She was in a deep sleep (coma like). The ammonium levels were at 600, which is very high (and probably what put her in that state). It is from the liver. she was also put on oxygen, as she is having problems breathing due to all the fluid on her abdomen. She is getting pain meds, anti biotics, lasix, and who knows what else. She also has a colonoscopy (like) bag on her needle insicion, to help collect the fluid that has been oosing out.of her stomach. Her pulse is at 118 and her BP has gone up abit. We were told today again that the palative care people will be back in today

This was from Jo's mom.

A bit more detailed about what's going on.

Love and hugs to all.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    A bit more detailed update.

We were called to the hosp around mid nite last nite. things were not going to well for Jo. She was very irritated and BP was very low, but the nurses thought they could handle it and said they would call. Then the midnight shift came on, and they called again and asked us to come in. Kendy went right away, and Rob and I left from the lake (1 hr drive)When we got there , Jo was not responding to anything or anyone. She was in a deep sleep (coma like). The ammonium levels were at 600, which is very high (and probably what put her in that state). It is from the liver. she was also put on oxygen, as she is having problems breathing due to all the fluid on her abdomen. She is getting pain meds, anti biotics, lasix, and who knows what else. She also has a colonoscopy (like) bag on her needle insicion, to help collect the fluid that has been oosing out.of her stomach. Her pulse is at 118 and her BP has gone up abit. We were told today again that the palative care people will be back in today

This was from Jo's mom.

A bit more detailed about what's going on.

Love and hugs to all.
    Thanks hon.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:42 AM

*hugs for everyone* thanks for keeping us informed alty... I know how hard this is for you *extra hugs for alty*

I'm still praying for jo. Although my prayer has changed slightly... I just want god to bring her home so she can be happy...
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:57 AM

Jo is still in my prayers too. Thanks Alty. *HUGS TO EVERYONE*
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 10:06 AM

This is a difficult post to write.

I've been expecting to write it for a while, but still, not easy.

Jo passed away this morning.

She has finally found peace.

I don't know what to say. She will forever be missed, she changed our lives, brought sunshine in. She was our friend, will forever be our friend.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

I love you Jo, never forget it, never doubt it, you are my friend.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:09 AM

That is so sad

I hope she is looking down on us all with a smile that she is in a better place.

Gee I hate death even so.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:09 AM

*hugs alty*

spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 16, 2009, 10:13 AM

It is sad, very sad and heartbreaking for those left behind that knew her. Ive been reading this thread for a while now,but haven't commented for while, as there was nothing anybody could say that would change anything. She held on and fought, but in the end she wanted and needed to find peace.

Jo's at peace now and I'm sure looking down on each and everyone of you.

Please accept my hugs and condolences xxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search