Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Our poor Starby
    Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery.

She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut.

She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the femur. She'll also need to recover after the surgery and she's on her own, just her and her dog Niki.

Understandably she's a bit down, worried about Niki, not sure what's going to happen.

Shaz gave me the idea to start a thread asking everyone to write a few words to Starby to wish her a speedy recovery and let her know that we're thinking of her.

So please, write a few words, I'll print them all out in a few days and send them to her. That should put a smile on her face.

No essay okay, I'll run out of paper! ;)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

Yes, I'm the first one to post.

Get well soon Starby, we miss you here. I'm sure your furry baby will be okay.

Missing you!

Sarah [and Herbie too]
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:46 AM

Well Starby, even though I have only been on this site for a few months you have become one of the few people who I genuinely trust for advice and wisdom. During your time in hospital you will be sorely missed by everyone here.
    I wish you all the best, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Know that we are all thinking of you and send our love and hugs, to both you and Niki :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:56 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Get well soon.
    Regards. redhed35.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
    I am sorry to hear about your accident... I hope you get well soon we will bw waiting for you
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:10 PM

BEST WISHES STARBY!! Hopes you get better soon! Don't worry ill be cheering for Danny for you while you can't =P lol THIS IS THE ONLY TIME ILL SAY THAT lol =P and next week bye bye danny =P jokes jokes ^__^
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:14 PM

Awwww Starby, you poor thing!

But I have to ask-- how the heck do you break your leg in two places from stepping on a shovel?

Only Starby... :rolleyes:

Get mended up and come back to us!

In the meantime, I've got Danny all to m'self! Yessssss :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Wow, Starby, I had no idea!! I hope you are doing well and this finds you feeling better. Godspeed for a quick and relatively painless recovery. Take care, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    Awwww Starby, you poor thing!

But I have to ask-- how the heck do you break your leg in two places from stepping on a shovel?!

Only Starby... :rolleyes:

Get mended up and come back to us!

In the meantime, I've got Danny all to m'self! Yessssss :D
    NO YOU Don't!! Starby asked me to keep an eye on him and keep him busy, so you can't have him!! F5 lol Tonight me and him are going to have a guys night out =P and girls will be the furthest thing away from his mind =P
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:22 PM

Oh Starby,honey I feel so bad that you are going through this.
    You get well soon and know that you are in my prayers!
    Big huggs :) Michele
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 19, 2009, 02:50 PM

Hope u feel better starby! Get well soon! *blows more kisses to starby*
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:02 PM

Hi starby, sending you my best wishes and hope you make a brilliant recovery, and don't take too long the desk isn't the same without you :)

From Bear :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:21 PM

Hey starby
    Sorry to hear about your accident , Wishing you a swift recovery , hurry back we'll miss you.

M
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:55 PM

Maybe we can find out about suing the shovel company for your injuries? Were there any warning labels on the shovel about the hazards of tripping on them? I will look into it while you are away... ;)

In the meantime, all angels deserve angels of their own and I really hope that yours is watching in your time of need. Get well soon, you will be in my prayers.
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 04:13 PM

Starby just called, she's in a great deal of pain, the morphine isn't working and I still haven't been able to get in touch with her friend. I've called twice, left a message, nothing.

Niki has been home alone for 14 hours now, Starby's really worried. I really don't know what to do for her. If only she lived closer to me. :(

The worry over Niki isn't helping her, that's for sure. I just wish that I could get her friend on the phone already!

Grrrr. Just an update. I'm frustrated. :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 04:33 PM

My God Starby! Please.....enough already!

Just kidding my friend, please get better as soon a you can, miss you too...

Stringer
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    My God Starby! Please.....enough already!

Just kidding my friend, please get better as soon a you can, miss you too...

Stringer
    That's what I said Stringer!

I told her that if she didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any. :p

I think someone's put a hex on that girl. :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    That's what I said Stringer!

I told her that if she didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any. :p

I think someone's put a hex on that girl. :(
    And... after she is home safe and doing well, I want pics of that shiner... :rolleyes::D

Worried about Nikki too...
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:43 PM

Please heal fast!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 05:16 PM

I knew she was so worried about Niki, more worried about her then herself, but Starby had to go to the hospital and get all fixed up. It is so frustrating that no one is close by enough to help her and her little one. ALTY, I hope you get in touch with her friend soon.

Wishing you a fast recovery Starby, and that somebody will be able to check up on Niki for you...

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search