Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psychocatz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 03:28 PM
    I've tried everything but still no luck
    OK I'm having a problem with a lot of things.
    My os is win me and have 64mb ram but the ram isn't causing these problems cause I've tried 500mb and it changed nothing. My problems are that i.e. stops responding on heaps of sites including windows update and I have had this for a while but I can't find a cure I've been to other forums and no luck. No movie content works on my computer and I have tried everything from maintinance to adware/spyware/regestry cleaners. As well as anti viruses the programs that I use for startup are the system ones and rising antivirus, zone alarm, and mozilla. I just got mozilla and works on all sites without freezing accept java based ones, I have the plugin but still doesn't work. Mozilla can't go into windows update and I don't know what the critcal files are so I can't search for them. Some of my cames don't work either and windows media and real player both stop responding on movies but on mozilla when I go to a movie clip online site e.g. linkinpark.com the movie works. So please someone can you give me some advice. I have also reinstalled me and it is still here. I reinstall me through my hdd d: from a floppy disc at boot time.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2004, 04:13 PM
    Wow. That sounds pretty screwed, I wouldn't know where to begin, so I would recommend backing up and completely formatting your hard drive before reinstalling Win ME. Of course, only do this if you are comfortable with it. From the way you phrased it, I'm assuming you just reinstalled ME over the top of your existing install, not wiping clean and starting from scratch.

Finally, if you can - use another version of Windows. Windows ME is incredibly buggy and not worth the effort.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 12:12 AM
    Win ME help
    Your 1st and biggest problem is using WIN ME, it sucks, nothing else to do, buy Winxp and install all the updates including SP2, then see how things run. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my bad luck ever end? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I need to know whether my life will turn around again. Over a year ago I moved back to my home town to look after my ill mother with my b/f of 3 years. 8 mnths ago I watched by her bedside as she passed away which was quite disturbing. Two weeks after that I found out I was pregnant which we had...

Good luck figueing out this 80s movie [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a movie that's been on my mind for about 5 years and I just can't remember the name. The only thing I can remember are these 2 little girls that made faces at people and a guy told them that if someone hits them on their back their faces will stay like that. Sure enough the guy hits their...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search