Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltlcab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink faucet
    Hi, We have a problem with low hot water pressure on our kitchen sink. We have replaced the faucet and it still is happening. We have checked the piping just under the sink for blockage but was none. We have galvanized pipes in our older home. What is our next move. The line has 3 shut off valves going to different faucets and the others pressures are fine. What do we do next?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Apr 19, 2009, 11:11 PM

Hi, We have a problem with low hot water pressure on our kitchen sink. We have replaced the faucet and it still is happening. We have checked the piping just under the sink for blockage but was none.

If you have lots of pressure coming out of the flex line that attaches to the hot side of the faucet then it is the faucet. If you don't have a lot of pressure coming out of the flex line that attaches to the hot side then you need to check the shut off valve at that point. Replacing it would be the best way to go. If you need step by step instructions for doing so let me know.

Darrel
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 05:43 AM

I would try swapping the hot and cold supply lines that connect from the shutoffs to the underside of the faucet and see if the problem switches sides. You will now have cold water running through the hot water side of the faucet assembly, if that line is slightly kinked you will now have low cold water pressure or low flow. Same with the hot water side going through the cold water line of the faucet, I would expect to see hot water pressure increase meaning you have a kinked line somewhere from the shutoff to the faucet hot supply side, or the copper hot line that is part of the faucet assembly got ever so slightly kinked when you connected the lines...
    Good Luck Bill...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water from kitchen sink faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Water does not come out of kitchen sink faucet but only from spray hose after spray nozzle removed

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

Low water pressure in my kitchen only -- sink faucet and refregerator. [ 4 Answers ]

The cold water in my kitchen, only, has low pressure. This includes both the sink and the refrigerator dispenser. The bathroom and outdoor cold water faucets are fine. What could be my problem?

Lost water pressure from Kitchen sink faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, All of a sudden I have lost water pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. What baffles me is that I still have good pressure out of the kitchen sink sprayer. What should I check? Is this common?:eek:

Kitchen Sink Faucet with Low Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having low pressure in my kitchen sink for a while now. The rest of the house is fine. The faucet is made by Peerless, and after browsing their site appears to be model P99575-SS. I've taken apart as much of the faucet as I thought safe to figure out the problem and noticed that when I...

View more questions Search