Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEBrach Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Peach Trees
    I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the first week of September.

The soil is alkaline with a layer of clay. The roots of the tree will be beneath the clay layer however in a layer of red sandy soil. Where I live we have a problem with lack of iron in the trees and some have to have iron applied almost every year.

Do you have any suggestions for good varieties of peaches. I planted a Rio Osa last year and was thinking about a Ouachita.

The winter temps here can get down to -15 F the summers over 100.

Thanks
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Talk to the University Of Washington... your neighbor... they have many projects going on check to see if one is something you can place your hands on... here is a website address;www.crfg.org/tidbits/backyardorchard.html... hope this helps... peach prices are high this season...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peach curl in leaves [ 2 Answers ]

What can a person use to get rid of peach curl? In the ground and on the leaves? Any Home remedies?

Transplanting trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Norway (Ithink) maple that is about four years old and about 15-20 ft. tall. I would like to move it about 50 feet. Can I? How

Dogwood Trees [ 2 Answers ]

I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You Ramblinrose Texas :eek:

Red Maple Trees [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question, My question is How long are the Maple Tree's Roots? How wide are they? Also how big do they get? Thanks Sa1122

Stupid peach fuzz! [ 1 Answers ]

I have way too much "peach fuzz" on my face. And every once in a while, I get a really long hair. Ugly. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't handle things like wax very well. Any suggestions? ?

View more questions Search