Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnfxr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Grants or aid for child of a convicted felon
    My father just finished serving a federal prison sentence. He is on supervised release and my mother works like a maniac supporting our household. Financial aid states that our family financial support is $10k. Are there any other programs for me or my parents which could help pay for college?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 04:08 PM

There are no "special" programs because your father is a felon and went to prison. You can put in for all the same grants and loans and scholarships as anyone else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business grants for disabled and convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is a convicted felon but also is disabled. Would someone know a research direction to start?

Can a convicted felon receive financial aid, grants, or loans? [ 9 Answers ]

I was trin to find out if I can get some help with college.

Grants for sigle mom convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

Im a single mom ,and a felon on probation. I would love to go to photography school. How do I get a free grant?I live in Colorado and work part time.

Can a convicted felon lose primary residence of their child? [ 2 Answers ]

I have received a summons for paternity and related relief. My child, (whose 2 yrs old) lives with me. I have been recently convicted of a felony:violent crime; which is petitioner's reason why it would be of best interest my child live with him ,I only would get visitations. Petitioner was the...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search