Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    engineer533 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
    OBDI connector
    Where is the OBDI connector located on a 1995 Honda Civic 1.5 liter with a 5 speed manual transmission.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 01:50 PM

When the Check Engine Light (CEL) is on, it will be necessary to locate the 2-pin Service Check Connector (SCC) on OBD-I (pre-1996) Hondas. It is normally located under the dash, approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the right kick panel. Take a small screwdriver and carefully pry it from the rubber mount. The other 3-pin connector in the rubber mount is the Data Link Connector (DLC), which should be left alone. Jump the SCC with a paper clip, turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II), and count the number of times, if any, the CEL flashes. Reference a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) chart to identify the code being displayed. The SCC is also jumped, when an induction timing light is used to check engine timing.

After troubleshooting, turn the ignition switch OFF, remove the jumper wire, and reset the ECM, by removing the BACK UP (7.5 A) fuse from the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds. Disconnecting the BACK UP fuse cancels preset radio stations and the clock setting; therefore, they will need to be reset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical connector metals [ 3 Answers ]

HI Does anyone know what kind of metal the electrical connectors in cars are made of ? Is it something like the stuff they make springs out of - where it has to be tempered And formed , etc. THANKS EVERYONE

DVD/VCR Recorder for old TV with RF connector [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old TV with an RF connector only. No Video, audio input/output connectors (yellow, red, white cables). I also have cable via set-top box. Can you recommend a DVD/VCR recorder combo that will work with only an RF connector? I tried the LG RC897T DVD/VCR recorder combo because it has...

Leaking around pipe at connector [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I am at my wits end. I recently replaced a connector that was leaking under my kitchen sink. One end goes to a copper pipe, the other goes to pvc. The connector was leaking. I bought a new one and put dope tape on it and then placed it. Unfortunately, it now has water running...

Copper connector leaks [ 1 Answers ]

In my plumbing system there is a connection from the main to the sprinkler valve system. The connection is a copper slip to male thread into a pvc female to slip. About every two years the copper gets a pinhole above the threaded section and leaks. Does any one know why this happens and how to...

Notebook LCD Connector? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know what kind of connectors these are called? They are the connector that is at the end of the LCD ribbon cable on a Dell notebook, and plug into the motherboard. They appear to have 40-44 pins. I'm looking for a female to female adapter for this kind of connector if such an...

View more questions Search