Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeAndrea Y Plum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Transferring Probation
    I am an educator I was recently offered a job in another state but my husband is on Felony probation for Theft by receiving in NY we are in the process of relocating to Atlanta Ga will he be able to transfer his probation to Georgia?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:33 PM

Check out the sticky at the top of this category posted by Excon awhile ago to see how to go about it.

Better start soon as this can sometime take months to accomplish.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 08:38 PM

While it is very possible that he will, as noted it can take months to get all of the approvals. His first stop is putting in a application for transfer with his PO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation for 3 years for shoplifting, driving on a suspended tag and no proof of insurance. I have been told by many people that are on probation that all you have to do to transfer your probation is to ask them what criteria do I have to meet to possibly transfer my probation to another...

Transferring felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

As a new probationer I was trying to find out if I can transfer 4 years adjudicated probation from Texas to Florida. My charge was possession with intent to deliver between four to two hundred grams(class A felony). Does anyone know the likelihood of me being a first time offender being able to...

Transferring probation [ 1 Answers ]

Who has to give the OK for probation to be transferred to another state. My son lived in Kentucky, but committed a crime in Indiana. Does the probation department where he committed the crime make the decession or Indianapolis or who?

Transferring My Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Can I transfer my probation to another state?

View more questions Search