Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoqimin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2003, 06:43 PM
    Uninstall windows
    Hi, I've a windows ME, so is it possible that I can uninstall the windows ME without using a CD?
    If you know how, send me an e-mail message.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 10:51 AM
    computers
    If you upgraded to ME and chose the option to go back you can. Otherwise it means reformatting the drive.
    kmo14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2003, 09:17 AM
    uninstall windows
    Just format your hard drive and everything on it will be erased.
    kmo14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2003, 10:02 AM
    computer
    Yes, you can format the hard drive and this will remove erase the entire hard drive so that you can start from scratch on a new install .
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2004, 05:11 PM
    uninstall windows
    KMO14 is write how ever he did not tell you how to format it, well easyist way is to boot in to dos prompt, to do this go Start>Shut Down>Restart in MS-DOS, then once restarted type "Format C:" and then enter and it will start the formating prosses (depending on disk size and speed it mite take 5 minutes or 30 minutes my 120GB hd with speed 7200RPM took neraly 40mins)
    WARNING: Formating your HD will get ride of EVERY THING and there is NO WAY to get it back, also affter format you will only beabel to boot into dos with the help of a boot disk (which you will need to make using windows) or a boot cd for installing a new OS, I helped plez thank me :)
    geo_neo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2004, 06:03 AM
    uninstall windows
    If you have a boot cd i.e. Windows os then you have to make sure it's going to boot from the cd rom 1st.
    To do this reboot your computer and go into the bios by hitting the del or f2 key. Once in there change the first boot device to cd rom and the second to your hdd. Exit with saving changes. Have your cd in rom at this point. On bootup it will ask you to hit any key to boot from cd just do so.follow the instuctions and there you have it
    Ps when it reboots again and it askes you to hit any key to boot from cd ignore it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall/Reinstall... [ 2 Answers ]

First I install Coreldraw GS 12 the I decided to update it to Corel X3 but my PC begun to slow then I uninstalled the X3 and try to reinstall the CGS 12 but it won't let me it saz error in applying... :confused:

How to uninstall rawrite [ 3 Answers ]

I was clicking and dragging some proggys from a floppy to my desk top and transferred a proggy called "rawrite". Now I can't remove it from the desktop. I tried everything that I know even going into safemode to delete but no good. I even tried backdating my computer or I think its called "system...

Uninstall [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)

How do I uninstall windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can you tell me how to uninstall windows 98, as I am trying to upgrade to windows 98 SE but when I load it on to p.c without unistalling windows98 I can't connect to internet , when I try to connect it keeps coming up this program has caused an illeegal operation and will be shut down. So...

View more questions Search