Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lashay Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Don't really think that I'm addicted
    I started taking vicodin about 9 months ago.I need them for the pain that I have but then at times I yhnk that maybe I'm not as in much pain as I think that I'm in that maybe my mind s making me think that I'm in this pain just so that I
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 05:36 PM

I was getting dependent on Motrin for my pain for awhile. These are the things I did
    If you feel you may not be in as much pain as you think try cutting back and even not taking them unless you are in such bad pain that you don't feel there is any other way to get rid of it.
    If you feel the need to take your vicodin take half of one pill and give it about 20 minutes if you don't feel better then take the other half.
    Try other ways to relieve pain like take a hot bath in Lavender oil, dim the lights when possible, buy a massage cushion, brew some herbal tea like chamomile or passion flower.
    Also some foods and drinks can trigger pain so keep track of what you eat when you get the pain and eliminate it from your diet.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 19, 2009, 10:34 PM

Ya I know how that is, I had several surgeries on my shoulder started w ith norco, then percocet and know I am oxycontin, see how that works. We are own worst eenimes. IF you can get away with taking ibuprofen DO IT. Or talk to your DOC. I finally sat down with my doc and told her what a mess I was and she really didn't realize she was giving me that much crap. You know yourself better then any one. YA those drugs feel sooo good till you wake up and have to twice as more and your constantly chasing highs. Please take my advise. Get help and quit before the drugs own you and they will.

My very best to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be addicted? [ 8 Answers ]

Does anybody know what the syptoms of an ecstacy addiction are, like how you feel and stuff? Because I think I'm addicted to it.

Am I addicted? [ 46 Answers ]

I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?

Can you get addicted. [ 3 Answers ]

To this site? I'm asking because I found this site while trying to find information on a topic for a creative writing piece (no one has answered it *sniff* but is a rather obscure subject) and find myself surfing here anytime I have down time at work. I find myself answering questions - then...

View more questions Search