Or if it swells when you sleepon it,
    Beacause I'm a heavy sleeper,
    I won't wake up if I sleep on it...
    I need a quick answer.
    I'm getting it done in like two hours.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 01:34 PM

It does hurt. The piercer will give you instructions on how to care for it.

Good luck to you. Take a tylenol or two.

Sarah
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Apr 18, 2009, 12:06 PM

Yes, it hurts (I found it more painful then my tattoo, tongue, belly and Munroe)... it stings at first... gets red then after a day or two its fine. Depends where you want it on the ear?

My two piercings are on the top right ear lobe and I put hoops in with little diamonds... if I do sleep on that side my ear is slightly sore in the morning. You can put studs in with flat backs. There will be holes when you remove it and from what I have seen... it becomes a place for blackheads.

I like mine, I have had them for 14 years and don't plan on taking them out. Think about it for a while... give it maybe a month and see if the impulse goes away.

Take care of it if you do and good luck.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 19, 2009, 11:44 AM

Well, I know you've probably already done it by now... but when I got mine done it didn't hurt until like 2 days after and that was when I touched it. Its been one week and it doesn't hurt anymore. Its worth it. :)
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Sep 25, 2010, 06:43 PM
    Woah omething must be wrong with me cause when I got mine done it hurt less than when I got the regular part of my ear hurt! But I also got it done with a needle, but honestly I don't think it hurt 2 bad. And I would suggest not to sleep on it for at least 2monnths... it seems like a long time but it'll feel better if you don't sleep on it and you also want to keep yourself hydrated so your ear doesn't sweel up and try hard not to play with it or touch it, I know when I first got it all my friends wanted to touch it and I let them... it didn't hurt when they touched but later that night I found it was bruised cause a blood vesal broke but it got better fast, hope it helped!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 5 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced about a week ago. It still hurts, is this normal or is it infected?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to get my cartilage pierced but I was wondering if anyone who got their belly button pierced has also gotten their cartilage done because I want to know about the pain and I got my belly button done with very little discomfort... so if anyone has gotten both done I would love your...

Cartilage Piercing. [ 2 Answers ]

So, I got my cartilage pierced a couple of days ago. Ive been reading that if its red you should see a doctor. Well mines is a little red, and it does hurt sometimes. When I clean it it hurts a little too, But it doesn't hurt to twist the stud. I mean its not really that red. Just enough to notice...

Cartilage piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I`m 14 and I got my nose pierced about a month ago and there's this little bump that's red at the side. I've bin reading about keloids and I'm kind of scared that it is one and I'm not sure how to treat it yet. I also want to get my ear cartilage pierced but now I fear of getting a keloid. Will I...

View more questions Search