Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laBen Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Jun 2, 2009, 04:33 PM
    When we started puppy training with our last pup, the trainer gave us a recipe for liver bread. My dog goes crazy for it, and he learnt everything superfast! You can cut it into really small pieces for training or slices as treats. Its so super easy to make.

4 liver steaks (puried in the blender)
    2 cups of flour.
    1 egg
    1 tbls of oil.

Line a cake tin or spread on cookie tray(with nonstick paper) and bake at 350 till slightly risen and golden (this doesn't rise very much)
    Wait to cool, cut up and serve, can be frozen or stored in fridge!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 05:21 PM
    I had a real hard time with my blender (smelled motor burning) only did a little at a time of the beef liver, is there a trick or do I need to get a new blender? I had no problem with the chicken liver.:confused:

When the liver bread is done and cooled, what is the consistency? Like heavy bread or a soft cookie? How easy is it to cut?

Jun 2, 2009, 07:16 PM

Yeah the beef livers are a bit more tough, try using the pulsate action on yr blender, pulse then stir, pulse then stir, that usually works, although the last few times I've made the bread, I've just used chicken for that reason.
    Ummm the consistency is hard to explain. Kind of between a soft cookie and a cake, when its cooked, it looks like a cake gone wrong(all flat) It doesn't crumble though, no matter how small you make it, which is why it works for training tibits(I usually cut it into small squares, then when I have them in my hand I half them or quarter them). Its almost rubbery like I suppose! Anyway my puppy love it! :)

Jun 2, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Sorry and its super easy to cut, very soft and it stays soft 2! :)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Thanks!:D
    MayaLocke Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2009, 02:34 PM

Here are a bunch of recipes, most are for healthy treats for canines:

Dog Treats and Dog Remedies

Goodluck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Home made gift? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, so I have been with my Bf for 4 months and his birthday is coming up in about a week from now and I don't know what to give him. I asked his old babysitter and his brothers what I could get him. They said anything that I can make him he will LOVE! Other of his ex's have made him...

Uncooked flaky biscuits [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recipe from a website called 'Epicurious' and I need 'purchased biscuit dough' also referred to as 'purchased refrigerated uncooked large flaky biscuits'. There's no way I'll be able to buy it where I'm living. Can anyone tell me how to make this. The actual recipe is for Baked apple,...

Home made Rolls (Yeast) [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my yeast rolls to market. These are homemade yeast rolls. Every time I make them people want to buy them. Everyone keeps telling me to get these in the store. Any suggestions on how to sell the recipe or manufacture to get into the market place.

Maple syrup biscuits [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to make biscuits with maple syrup. Has any of you a recipe ? Thanks

View more questions Search