Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 17, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Juggalo gang?
    I'm looking for information on crimes associated with "Juggalos" (fans of the band ICP). A few areas have classified this group as a gang although they don't really fit the definition and seem to be very disorganized. I have found several articles on seemingly random crimes attributed to a Juggalo, but have yet to find crimes that distinctly point to a gang-type crime.

I have heard stories of Juggalos running drugs and I heard a story about a fake tollbooth they supposedly set up. Can anyone confirm these stories?

If anyone has any information on any Juggalo activity, please let me know and provide a newspaper or TV station link or name so I could confirm the stories.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 04:55 PM

Have you tried Google. There is a lot about them there. Just Google the name, passmeby.

Tick

Apr 18, 2009, 09:46 AM

Yes. I've been a fan of ICP for well over a decade, I know pretty much everything about the subject. What I am looking for is maybe people who have heard of incidents in their town/city that are not widely reported. All I have seen is stuff that doesn't truly point to "gang" activity, or very loosely fits gang criteria. I was hoping maybe someone had heard something on their local news.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 09:53 AM

Hi, pass, I live east of Toronto which has a population of 5 million, so you can imagine there is a lot going on their and in recent years gang activity has increased. I have heard of Crips in west Toronto which is mainly a black and hispanic, but not Jugaloos, new to me. I read daily newspapers, but have not heard them mentioned. There is a lot of gun, drive by shooting activity in Toronto recently. Some gang related, some just target practice and many innocent people shot up for no reason. Also drive by shooting on our major highways.

What can I say. Sign of our times and not nice at all.

Tick
    juggalette love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 02:00 PM
    OK, look, these so called "juggalos" that call themselves a gang aren't real juggalos, a juggalo is someone who doesn't care what people think, they dress how they want, talk how they want, and just plain don't give a f***, these crimes could have very well been committed by juggalos, but they are not a "gang" by police definition, they are more of a family that sticks up for each other, no matter what. I don't know if these crimes are real, if that toll booth thing happened, all I know is that it could have been committed by juggalos or not. The word juggalo has been watered down to almost nothing, the odds of the crimes being committed by real juggalos are slim to none. But juggalos are a family not a gang...

Oct 8, 2009, 10:19 PM
    If you read what I said I have been a fan of ICP for a VERY long time, I know the music, the crazy thingsculture, have all the movies, CD's, tapes, EVERYTHING... so you are not saying anything I don't already know.

My question was that is there a "faction" or break-off of a group that doesn't follow the true principles of ICP. ICP denounces gangs, drugs and the like. While their lyrics may suggest to the unlearnd that ICP is violent and sick, the reality of the messae of their music is Christian based, and is mainly fantasy... as in when you might say "God, I'd like to kill that guy"... only more graphic and detiled. It is meant to be more of a release to the listeners, as in a way to get through a rough life WITHOUT drugs, gangs and actual violence. It's the stuff of the mind when angered, the fantasy/desire to kick a$$ or do... but NOT actually do it. Itt's all about rlease. Non-violent acts, o course, just understnding and smething to identify with... "yeah, I'm going thru that too...." Therapy almost.

ICP is probably the most bizarre rap group ever, they really come from a very broken, poor place and rap about how they have overcome without turning to crime, drugs and gangs.

ICP is adamantly against gangs. "Juggalo" means "family" to ICP fans, it's people who have identified with the music, a REAL Juggalo is by no means a gantster. If there is a "Juggalo Gang", they wuld be denounced by ICP and all real Juggalos. But there hve ben some reports (eratic, as ffar as I can see through countless hours of research) of people claiming to be in Juggalo Gang.

I have welth of info on ICP and was asked by our local law enforcement to compile a packet of info, of every detai, good and bad, about ICP and the Juggalos. That is wy I asked this qustion here, because after countless hours of reading news stories from coast to dcoast, I had only come up with some very loose-fitting, possibly attributable crimes committeed by this so-called "gang". Some counties hve actually classifid thse people as gang affiliated (whether they've done a crime or if they're just listening to ICP on the stereo or wearing an ICP shirt). ICP merch has been banned in many places. Yet the evidence is just not there, that this is actually a gang. What I believe it to be is just a few fans that went overboard, who woud've done the same crime even if they listened to Elton John.

Yes, Juggalos are a tight-knit "family". But it's family that pulls together and generally come from certain circumstance, and enjoy the release th3 lyrics give them. It can be difficult thing to explain if one has never listened to and understood the messages behind the music.

For example, ICP rap a lot about hypocrisy, esp in religion. They encourge people to come together and get along (listen to a song called "Lets Go All The Way" ) link to YouTube: YouTube - ICP Insane Clown Posse - Lets Go All The Way!

It paints a pretty good picture of what they preach. Safe for work, no swearing.

As far as a rap group, they're quite, if not the most unique, of all. They've been around forever, still spreading the same messages, to live your life right, live honestly, do the right thing and don't be afraid to be who you really are. Although some songs do have a mor violent tone, it is fantasy (VERY obvious fantasy) that just helps people get through their day. They say the stuff you think... like hating your boss, or corruption in religion, getting bullied at school and so on.

Anyone claiming to be in a Juggalo Gang is NOT a Juggalo. They're just taking the name, and unfortunately an innocent rap group gets a bad rep over it. And because ICP isn't exactly chart-toppers, nor are they well known, people are easily led to believe this drivel.

It is true that ICP originally stood for Inner City Posse, which was a rather insignificant gang that existed only briefly. The new ICP (Insane Clown Posse), denounced all gang activity, and put positive messages in the music. Yes, some is harsh language, and some sounds violent on the surface, but as I said before, it is all fantasy. They're not talking about going out and killing people, they're just saying all those crazy thoughts EVERYONE gets in their heads from time to time. Most of the music, while it has a message behind it (a generally positive one), is actually ute inspiratio9al ad offer a great utlet for frustrtd young people.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2009, 01:52 PM

What law enforcement agency has asked you, a private citizen, to do wthis type of research? I am particularly startled due to your history with law enforcement agencies. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...in-404719.html

That's why Police Departments have various teams that work on gang activity, music related or not.
    Jugglinjuggalo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 04:08 PM
    All right I'm a juggalo. So ill tell you everything. We aren't a gang we care about every indivisual. But there are times when wannabe juggalos we call them "pricks" go and say they are juggalos not knowing what we really about. The start a bunch of giving us a bad name making others think we are a gang.the drugs was started by a wannabe juggalo. The fake toll booth yes we do that sometimes we find it quite amusing. People complain then we start arguing. But sooner or later we let them threw free. We never charge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 05:25 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused Juggalo [ 6 Answers ]

First of all, I'm a juggalo, not a gigalo. And I'm really not good with girls. I'm good at flirting, kissing, and uh everything else *wink wink nudge nudge* But its me. I'm strange I'm into music that most people consider strange I smoke weed all the time, I'm into the supernatural, I practice...

4 gang mud ring [ 7 Answers ]

Im looking for a 4 gang mud ring w/1" raise. Does anyone know who, if anyone, makes them?

5 gang switch box [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 gang metal switch box with 5 switches. I want to eliminate one of the switches so I have only 4 switches. I don't want to use a blank to fill the hole with no switch. I want to use a switch plate for 4 switches. Can I cover the hole with a metal plate and mud over it so it looks like a 4...

Is Congress a Gang? [ 1 Answers ]

"Is Congress a gang, and does it need to be abated?" And we not-so-assertively assert that "Sometimes Congress could be a gang, depending on the future use and misuse made of Senate bill 155 -- the Gang Abatement and Prevention Act." And so could your motorcycle club, your chess club, your rose...

View more questions Search