Ask
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 17, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Peanut butter and dogs
    Is peanut butter really okay for dogs?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 07:34 AM

Yes it is okay. Have you tried making peanut butter dog biscuits?

Sarah
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 17, 2009, 07:55 AM

Hey mudweiser! Getting to be a familiar face! This place is sooo addictive! I haven't ever been on the computer this much! And no, I haven't tried making the PB dog treats. Bet you can tell me how though:) LOL
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:28 AM

I would like that recipe also please.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 05:20 PM

I just made Muds recipe and waiting for them to cool. So far the dogs loved what they had (but were not crispy yet) I am going to try a liver biscotti next, but It will be an experiment.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Here's one our dog loves more than beef ribs:
    Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe Will Have Your Dog Smiling
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:36 AM

Peanut butter is safe for dogs but you must get a salt and sugar free one! Also remember that peanut butter is very fatty so don't overdo it :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 02:41 PM

My peanut butter had 85 mg of sodium and 3 gr of sugar. I made them the size of quarters and only give a half at a time. 1/4 to the smaller one. Should I dump those cookies or am I OK?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 02:46 PM

You'll be okay. Just remember they are treats- not meant to be eaten as food! You wouldn't give a child a box of cookies for dinner- so don't do it to your furry babies.

Sarah
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 18, 2009, 06:11 PM

I must have the only dog on the face of the planet that snubs her nose to "anything" with peanut butter in it! Many people also say their dogs love veggies, such as carrot or celery sticks. Not a chance! Cheese?. maybe once in awhile. Rawhides, Kongs, any chew toys... not interested! I can leave food out anywhere within her reach, and she won't touch it! (in part because I've trained her to know it's off bounds) But give her, her fave marrow bone filled with her fave treat called rollover? She will do backflips to get to it!

I've got a ton of recipes, but I gave up and found some treats from a local co. that are about the size of a small milkbone, and are less than 1 calorie each. They contain charcoal for her teeth, and I never have to worry about how many I give her. She loves them!

Is my dog weird or what? Lol I wouldn't have her any other way!

Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 18, 2009, 06:18 PM

Is my dog weird or what? Lol I wouldn't have her any other way!
    Well that is pretty odd, at least to me. I've never met a dog that dislikes peanut butter treats! However my dogs are by no means veggie lovers. If I were to even try they would give me the most "Are you stupid?" look ever. They don't care for rawhide either. One of my cats, Hefty is strange in that he doesn't like anything having to deal with Tuna.
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Apr 18, 2009, 06:21 PM

Definitely OK. It's also quite entertaining to watch the cuties trying to get the PB off the roof of their mouths if you feed it to them by the spoonful.
    BTW, thanks very much for the recipes guys. I think we should treat our pets and other animals to all they deserve to enjoy in their lives. Will pass along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturated Fat in Peanut Butter [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to reduce my cholesterol naturally rather than medicines. I have been able to get it down somewhat but not enough to make my doctor or me happy. I am going through all the foods I eat. I have heard of all the wonderous things about Peanut Butter BUT it packs a 3-3.5 grams of saturated...

How many calories in a peanut butter and banana sandwich [ 1 Answers ]

I have two parts to this question I'm wondering how many calories is in a whole peanut butter and banana sandwich. And if I eat one everyday, how much weight would I gain?

Need Peanut butter cookie recipie WITH Whole Wheat Flour [ 1 Answers ]

I have a recipie with all purpose flour, but I was wondering if anyone has a recipie with whole flour?? Or is it the same?? Thanks

Peanut Butter for my puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old puppy. Yorkie/Chiuaua Mix. I am curious about peanut butter. I bought a kong and would like to do the peanut butter deal for him for in his crate when I go away, but some people have said peanut butter is not good for him. Do I need to buy special peanut butter or just my...

Sugarless Peanut Butter? [ 8 Answers ]

I heard there is such a thing as sugarless peanut butter. But I cannot find it anywhere. All the ones I found contains at least 1g of sugar. Just what is the 'sugarless' peanut butter? Is it literally sugarless, or is the minimal amount (1g) considered sugarless? But all the peanut butters...

View more questions Search