Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Apr 17, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Friends over boys defo but my friend isn't co-operating
    I wouldn't normally post something like this but I'm in a real pickle.

My friend liked this guy who's 2 years older than us for a few years now. About 2 years ago people pressured him into asking her out and they went out for only a day but he couldn't be with her cause its not what he wanted.

After that, I didn't like him because of that and never though to give him a chance.

Then a few weeks ago we got talking on msn and got quite close. Throughout the whole time I kept asking her if it was okay and how she felt but she kept saying it was my choice she didn't care.

So my friends met up with him and it was all grand. He was really fun to be with and so on. Later that night he told me we should meet up just me and him sometime and he meant really soon. The only thing I could think about was my friend but she keeps guilt tripping me by saying she'll get over it and its her problem not mine. I don't think this is fair, I value her opinion way over his or even mine in this situation.

Bottom line is, if this is really hurting her, which she tells our other best friends but not me, I don't want to do anything with him but then its going to hurt him. I think it'll hurt her more than him though and to me friends are above boys.

Any advice/help?
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Apr 17, 2009, 08:27 PM

Take her out somewhere, you and her, have a "girls night out", wow... I can't believe I said that... but any ways, take her out, just the two of her, sit her down, and ask her to be hanest, as a friend
    If that doesnr work, drugs work, pot... I'm kidding... it works though

Apr 19, 2009, 12:54 PM

Haha, that made me laugh.

Anyway, *hugs not drugs!* :)

Thanks.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 07:54 PM

Yep, I agree with I<3!

A word of advice for the future: Whenever you are in a situation where they should be feeling something, and even if they say "I don't care" they DO care, but think you don't want to know. You need to make sure they know you NEED to know, for you own sanity. XD
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 19, 2009, 08:14 PM

Friend's ex's are usually off limits... It's hurtful and a friend will feel betrayed in most cases. Not all... but that is a pretty tight spot you're in. Do you like this guy?

Apr 20, 2009, 03:16 AM

Yes, a lot, he's just got my name written all over him.
    He wants everything I want out of life and it's amazing how alike we are.
    But I can't do that to my friend, we decided that I should wait a while and if I still like him then we can rethink it but I'm not sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends, Exgirlfriend is Still My Friend? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Folks, Last week I hear a friend I've known for 24 years broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years and I'm kind of bummed. They appeared like a great couple, but suddenly he broke it off with her. Now he's dating someone else and they're already going at it. His ex girlfriend is still a great...

In a four year relationship which isn't so good and liking his best friend [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for four years now. I met him in high school and we are still dating in college. He is my first boyfriend, first guy I've ever kissed and so on. I am also his first everything as well. We started having some issues in the first 6 months of our relationship, he and...

Do you guy have female friends that are just friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided he wanted to start hanging out with his female friend that he has known since 3rd grade, should I be worried? He also talks to to his ex-girlfriends all the time. I am very insecure about this because the girl that he wants to hang out with is really beautiful and skinny, I'm...

View more questions Search