Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 17, 2009, 01:03 AM
    Detoxing alone
    I have a serious adiction to oxycontin and sleeping pills and I need to get off them and I can't go to treatment. So I am taking time off work and I am going to try to white knuckle it for as long as I possibly take it. Has anyone else done this? And if so how did they do it and did they use anything? IAm pretty desperate to get this over. You have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Michelle
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 03:58 AM

Detoxing can be dangerous if not done with medical assistance.People have been know to have seizures and all manner of problems.

There are patches that can help you and stop you from the awful effects of cold turkey.

The success rate is very small for someone doing this on their own because the sickness and pain gets to intolerable levels.

You do not have to go to treatment to detox.You can detox in a hospital for a week.You do not have to go to rehab to detox.

Ask the doctor who prescribed your medicine to help you get in the hospital for your detox.

I hate to discourage you but your chance of success without some help is slim. It is also medically a very poor choice without supervision.
    I can't advise you on how to do this on your own as it would be highly irresponsible of me.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 19, 2009, 10:38 PM

THanks Ill talk to my dr. this week, I told her I was addicted to my drugs and she said she knew that, but wasn't going to let me off then till after my next surgerie and then she was going to tapper me down. I wonder if dr. really have your best interest at heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Detoxing with water [ 3 Answers ]

Will drinking a lot of water flush marguiana out of your system:rolleyes:

Detoxing my body? Before trying to concive [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm on my last week on BC I have been on seasonal for 2 years now and on Bc for 4 years. For Overian Cysts and endometriosis. I'm also on some heart medication Norpace and Toporal my heart has a dumb sensor it doesn't work right. My Dr. said there is a medication that I can take while...

View more questions Search