Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kacy_leigh Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Baby's heart beat per minute
    What does the heart beat per minute tell you about the sex of the baby? Our baby's heart beat per minute is in the 140's and above does that suggest boy or girl?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 10:15 PM
    The heart rate has NOTHING to do with the sex of the baby.

A healthy heart rate for a fetus is 120-160 beats per minute.
    nessa317 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 08:08 AM

While it's true that the HB doesn't determine sex, it's always fun to try and guess using "old wives" tales. I heard that a HB closer to the 140's means you're having a boy and that closer to the 160's means a girl.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 18, 2009, 04:49 PM

The heart rate and sex prediction is just a myth. My first was a boy... always 140s. This on was always 150-160s... my doc swore it was a girl because of the higher rate... turns out another boy. Although it may be fun, I would not go painting your nursery based on heart rate :)
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 07:04 PM

Lol your right my son was always 150 +
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 08:11 PM
    There is no proof that the heart rate determines boy or girl. We all, as adults, have our own individual heart rates, same holds true for a fetus.
    christinacounci Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:34 PM
    While fetal heart rate can be a clue to many things about your baby, gender determination is not one of them. I have 3 girls two fast heartrate 1 slow. Everyone swore that last one was a boy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Every Beat of your heart. [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a coffee shop today and I heard this song on the radio... it was a little low but I got a little bit of it. I'm pretty sure it was an acoustic version of the song because that is all they play in there, but there was one guy singer, and I clearly remember him singing in the song "cuz with...

Irregular heart beat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm not sure if I put this is the right place :confused: oh well but laterly I keep getting the most weirdest feeling in my heart, like it feels like it will skip a beat then try to make up for that mist beat and beat really fast and hard, it feels like its trying to escape from my body! Also...

Heart beat in back [ 5 Answers ]

I am feeling a strange heart beat in my back when I lay down or sit. Should I be concerned? It has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have no back pain. It is just driving me crazy!

Baby heart beat [ 5 Answers ]

When can they hear the baby's heart rate?? And I am having slight cramping but goes way after I use the bathroom what can this be?

Can't find baby's heart beat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is brandy I found out I was pregnet jan 12 my boyfriend and I are very happy last night I started spoting browinish not a lot then it changed to red and kept changing back and forth I went to the dr at the er and they did 3 ultra sounds one internal and can not find the baby's...

View more questions Search