Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    103rhsur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:00 PM
    how to find out when two people will meet in a homework equation
    At 2:00n p.m. Brad walks toward Lydia's house at 2 mph and Lydia walks toward Brad's house at 4 mph. When will they meet, if their homes are 9 miles apart?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:15 PM

They will meet at 3:30 p.m.

They would have walked for 1.5 hours.

(9) /( 2 + 4 ) = 1.5
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 05:55 AM

B = distance Brad walks
    L = distance Lydia walks
    T = elapsed time
    Distance = Rate times Time

B = 2 T
    L = 4 T
    B+L = 9

You can replace B and L with the first two equations and then solve for T. You have to add T to 2:00 p.m. to figure out the exact time that they meet.

After solving for T, you can solve for B and L, the distances that each travel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Time to meet new people [ 4 Answers ]

Well, much of the advice that is given, is to go out and do things and meet new people. I can completely understand how that definitely will make a difference in getting over a relationship, however, there isn't very much time for me to do so. I work much of the day time (1pm-10pm) and only have...

Where to meet new people [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you meet new people these days. I have been in a long term relationship for 20 years. I am self employed and don't meet many people that way. The friend pool is real low she drove them all away. I know in the future I will want to meet someone new. Where do you do that these days not into...

Five people you want to meet in heaven [ 12 Answers ]

Are there five people from your life you'd like to meet in heaven to find out why they were in your life?

Where can I meet creative people in miami? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I will make my question short,I will thank anyone who can contribute to the answer.I had a breakdown recently because I keep dating people at the club and they are mostly social butterflies or just people looking for sex. My therapist told me that since I'm an artist I should date and...

How do I meet new people [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hard time finding and meeting girls/women, does anyone know of a way I can meet them. I've tried clubs, online, and meeting them through people I know, but nothing ever seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas? What do I say to women when I meet them so they know I'm not some idiot trying...

View more questions Search