Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serroan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Help: Switching from OrthoTricyclene Lo to Seasonale
    Hi:

I started taking Orthotricyclene Lo just last month and have finished my pack just last week. My period came and gone the last week I was on the placebo pills on Ortho. Finished the Ortho pills on a Saturday, and started a new pack of SEASONALE the day after (Sunday start). I'm 5 days into Seasonale now. I know I'm protected from pregnancy during my placebo "dummy" pill days on Ortho, but am I protected since day one on the first pill of Seasonale? I've been very religious with taking my pills every morning at 8:30AM on the DOT, on both Ortho and Seasonale. I had sex where my boyfriend came inside of me for the past 2 days. AM I Protected?? NEED HELP SOMEONE.. :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
    You are never protected 100% while on the pill. Just ask my 20 year old and 18 year old sons.

So first of all you should understand that it is Birth Control, not Birth Prevention.

That said, you should be protected since there was no gap in time that you were off birth control except during the time you were taking the placebo.

Remember that you still can get pregnant while on the pill, regardless of which one it is or how religious you take it. I am living proof.
    Serroan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Hi J 9:
    Well.. I did read somewhere that if you just started a new pack of pills, you would have to wait 7 days. Anything prior, a back-up birth control method should be used. I haven't used any back-up methods.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Well, regardless, you are still ALWAYS at risk. The only sure method of course is abstinence.

This new form of BC you are taking I am not familiar with since it is rather new on the market.

But, really, there is nothing you can do about it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

We've been an LLC for just a couple of months and have decided to become an S-Corp. We're in NY. We've got start-up costs invested and don't want to take a loss on our personal return when we dissolve the LLC - we'd rather get this money back. Can we transfer the assets and liabilities to the new...

Switching fuses to breaker [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just bought my first home with my wife. The house has an old fusebox, which both my wife and I hate the thought of having to deal with. We want to switch over to a breaker box, but I have never done this before, so I have some info and some questions... First of all, is this something...

Blown bulbs when switching on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Having an odd problem w/ light bulbs blowing across 3 circuits with no dimming or brightening. When switch is flipped on, bulbs immediately fail, one actually made a small "pop" sound--6 in all in one week. Also had reverb on computer speakers. Basic Info: 80 year old house; all new...

Switching Filetypes [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I understand how switching the extensions works, but does anyone know how to switch say, Forgotten Face.mid to Forgotten Face.mp3 without making my PC think that it's not an audio file? Or even better, a way to get RealPlayer to recognise MIDI as an audio type. Thanks ~Me.

Switching to Adult Dog Food [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Labman, You've talked previously about switching from puppy to adult dog food early on to prevent HD in dogs. My rough collie is now about 4 months old. Should I swtich to adult dog food now or wait for another couple of months? Thanks in advance. Mark

View more questions Search