Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dellhide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Rubber roof is floating?
    :confused: Last fall I applied a fiberglass mesh on my RV Trailer using a rubber roof system.
    The material was applied over a existing seal coating that was a combination of tarring and cool seal paint, it seemed to adhere well yet during the winter water somehow worked underneath the coatings?

I extensively worked carefully to insure that silicone caulk was completely sealed around all the edges, so that water could not seep in...
    I do not understand how this new coating could have made my RV roof worse than before I applied it?
    I can only surmise that the rubber mesh coating was not thick enough to completely keep the water from seeping through, yet to look at the coating it appears waterproof...

What should I do? :mad:
    Dellhide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 07:09 AM
    :cool: Well I fixed my own problem of the floating rubber roof...
    I tried to save some money and did not use enough rubber paint; so the thinly coated fiberglass acted as a wick, drawling the water under the applied coating.

The fix was simple, I added some extra rubber paint coatings (4) and now I have no leaks!:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rubber Roof [ 3 Answers ]

How cold is too cold to have a rubber roof installed? Does that vary by manufacturer?

Small roof to protect heat pump from snow off metal roof [ 5 Answers ]

We are getting a metal roof put on our old house. This means that the snow will slide off and land onto our air source heat pump. We need to construct a small roof to protect it. We were thinking of extending the 2 x 6 roof rafters another 4 feet and then having 2 x6 or 4 x 4's going back to the...

Rubber roof and Salt [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rubber roof on a building and in the winter the ice dams up the drains on the low end of the roof. Could I put some road salt on the roof to keep the drains from freezing?

View more questions Search