Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah000123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Physical therapy program
    Hello,

I am 29 years old and I have been laid off my job. After a lot of research, I think physical therapy would be the right profession for me. PROBLEM: I have a degree in English.
    Is it too late to go back to school for this field? If not, would any of my lower division general education count?
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2009, 12:16 PM

Its never too late for education. My son who is a junior in high school is looking into the physical therapy/sports medicine and to graduate in a physical therapy program requires a masters degree and even a Dr in some schools. For instance NIU (Northern Illinois University) has a pre physical therapy program that is 3 years long, then you move into the physical therapy program which is another couple years on top of that. Its expensive and space is limited. State schools are cheaper then private schools like Marquette college in Wisconsin, that totals around $28000 a year with another $10000 going to room and board, so figure a Masters program and you are well over $100,000 for that degree.
    Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Physical Therapy [ 6 Answers ]

I have went through P.T. a few times and still wonder as to why they even have this therapy for people when I believe that it doesn't work for about 75% of the time. I know that this is a question that is hard to prove that it works, but I for one feel that it does not work in to many cases... I...

Physical therapy [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone could help me, my problem is that I went to see my doctor yesterday and she referred to se a physical therapist but she never gave me the refferal Slip to call them.. I would like to know what I should, can I make a appointment to see a therapist or should I wait?:)

Physical Therapy, Job [ 3 Answers ]

Im only 16, but when I get older, I want to do Physical Therapy. So I was wondering if there's any good tips for classes I should take in school, or good places to get a job that can help me out. Im a junior this year, and I've taken Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, and next year Im taking Allied...

Physical therapy [ 1 Answers ]

In the massage therapy industry; do customers prefer to get massage from masseuses with large hands?

View more questions Search