Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dex-star Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Peer to Peer sharing
    My Os is windows NT, I downloaded the bittorrent software and also bittorrent files but they refuse to play even though I
    Have downloaded the latest versions windows media and divX. My computer does not have the software to play dvds is this
    Required to play torrent files? If it is required please inform me if and where I can download it for free. Please help
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2006, 01:08 AM
    You don't "play" torrent files. There are simply files that tell a Bittorrent client where to download whatever the file is. The idea is that you open these .torrent files with your bittorrent client and wait for them to download the file.

Read the first two sections of this for some general info on Bittorrent and using it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

That said, if these movies you are trying to download are copyrighted material please note we will not be able to help you any more than what I've just said.
    gameguru1360 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
    You would need to install the latest video codecs for whichever video software you currently running on your system

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video sharing [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any websites that share videos that are more popular or better than 'youtube'?

Peer to peer sharing [ 3 Answers ]

Any suggestions for the best peer to peer sharing.. Much better if it is free.. Tnx..

Solid Peer [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I hope Iv'e clicked on to the right section, my problem every time I go on the net I am plagued by this pop up "Solid Peer" how do I stop it invading my computer? Thanks Nev Grant

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

View more questions Search