Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koshchanov Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Traffic violation/accident
    On 25th of October, 2007 I had an accident when I was at the stop sign on one of the road waiting for the main road to be cleared and was turning into the main road to the left but unexpectedly, the other car from private parking lot came in to the same main road I was in, and I could not escape my car and we had an accident. Police arrived, and asked what happened, we explained the situation. But in few days, I found out that it was my fault. Will you please, help me out what the traffice violation law tells about this situation? I am trying to lawsuit against the other driver. Thanks
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by koshchanov View Post
    On 25th of October, 2007 I had an accident when I was at the stop sign on one of the road waiting for the main road to be cleared and was turning into the main road to the left but unexpectedly, the other car from private parking lot came in to the same main road I was in, and I could not escape my car and we had an accident. Police arrived, and asked what happened, we explained the situation. But in few days, I found out that it was my fault. Will you please, help me out what the traffice violation law tells about this situation? I am trying to lawsuit against the other driver. Thanks
    Are you saying you were in an accident nearly 1 1/2 years ago? Or was that a typo?

Please explain your situation a little better; your original post is very confusing. We need to know:
    A) Where you were leaving
    B) Where the other driver was leaving
    C) Where the other driver struck you or vice versa
    koshchanov Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Yes, it was year and half ago. It was T street. And it had only two main roads. I was on main road at a stop sign and was trying to turn left to other main rd. But other person was in a private parking lot. When I was turing to left from stop sign she was coming straight to me and we had an accident.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2009, 11:36 AM

Also what state or municiplaity you were in and what has the insurance covered. It might help if you draw a simple diagram and attach it to your response.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:43 AM

What I'm reading from your story is that the other vehicle exited a parking lot, you pulled out from a stop sign and were struck. If that's the case, then yes, you are at fault.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2009, 11:50 AM

Ok, you were at a stop sign at a T intersection, you made a left onto the crossbar of the T after coming to a full stop and waiting for traffic to clear. As you were making the left, another car came out a driveway and you hit it. Correct so far?

Where was the driveway in relation to the vertical part of the T? Where on your car were you hit, where on the other car?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Ok, you were at a stop sign at a T intersection, you made a left onto the crossbar of the T after coming to a full stop and waiting for traffic to clear. As you were making the left, another car came out a driveway and you hit it. Correct so far?

Where was the driveway in relation to the vertical part of the T? Where on your car were you hit, where on the other car?
    Ahhh, good thinking. Who got struck where?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 12:03 PM

Let me get this straight, you were at fault and 1 1/2 years latter you want to sue the other driver and you have no lawyer. Did I really get what you are saying? On what grounds would you think you could win a suit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Road Traffic Accident [ 9 Answers ]

If two cars are reversing, one into and slightly along a small cul-de-sac at about 1MPH and the other out of their driveway onto said cul-de-sac at about 4MPH and the one coming from the driveway hits the front end of the other one with his rear bumper, whose at fault?

Traffic Accident [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to determine who is at fault in the following accident. I was approaching a 4-way stop, and was going to turn left. There was a left turn lane available. A motorcyle behind me was also going to turn left. The motorcylce behind me got into the left turn lane before me. With my turn...

Determining fault in traffic accident [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm interested in an unbiased opinion regarding determining the individual(s) most likely at fault in a minor traffic accident. I was traveling straight westbound on a college campus, no stop sign or traffic signals nearby. I was driving past a parking lot on my right when a vehicle...

Traffic accident - financial responsibility (CA) [ 1 Answers ]

This is the scenario. I currently have my learner's permit, but no license. I own a car - gifted to me recently by my sister. I could not get car insurance because I don't have a license. While driving my car, I hit another vehicle. My sister previously owned the vehicle. The insurance is still...

View more questions Search