Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:46 AM
    How about a little inspiration?
    And maybe a lesson or two courtesy of 47-year-old Britain's Got Talent contestant Susan Boyle...

You rock, Susan.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 16, 2009, 10:54 AM
    I don't watch American Idol, but I saw her singing on the news last night. What an amazing voice she has. Not my style of music but I would like to hear her sing some Janis Joplin songs, I think her voice would work great with her music.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:56 AM

Just seeing the looks on the faces of the audience and the judges was worth every second.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:04 AM

I'm sure there is a place for her on Brit stage or Broadway. Her voice rates up there with the best I have heard (and I've attended many stage plays) It is inspiring that she continues to pursue her dream.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Sorry about the link, seems someone didn't want this video embedded.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 08:43 PM

And Steve you'll be please to know she's a virgin. Never been kissed in fact. :) ;)

Great voice too. I think the Poms have found their winner.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 03:27 PM

I was totally astounded at what a lovely voice this lady had! I hope she goes far in realizing her dream of becoming a singer - and with that voice I am sure she will.

As another headline for this same woman said "You can't judge a book by it's cover" is so true. I just loved the looks on the audience and judge's faces when she sang. Their jeers prior to her performance made me what to slap them silly for being so rude.

I hope this lady goes far in her career and we hear about it in the US.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 17, 2009, 06:40 PM

WOW, talk about blowing preconceived notions out of the water. She has a great voice.

And Simon was smiling!

G&P
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 11:08 PM

She was terrific and inspiring... loved it and the final reaction of the audience and Simon...

Stringer
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 01:35 AM

The video has 34million+hits on YouTube and she is rapidly becoming a celeb. Simon Cowell gets first dibs on a recording contract and no doubt he plans on exercising it.

Link To listen to her first recording which she had made for a charity CD.

Exclusive: Susan Boyle's first ever song release revealed - listen to it here - The Daily Record
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 05:32 AM

I want to smack that girl in the crowd in the face (she's about a minute and a half in and wearing about 2lb of eyeliner)

As they say.. don't judge a book by it's cover :)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 10:46 AM
    The video brings tears to my eyes... she is an inspiration!
    I believe in her... and she in herself!
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 08:33 PM

I've seen this video so many times. People, including myself thought that she's another William Hung. Very soothing and refreshing voice.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Good Lord, you can't even have a good human interest story like this without people knocking it around. First there's the story that Simon Cowell set the whole thing up (not to mention all the psychoanalysis taking place), then the pretty Huffposter who just doesn't get it. Now E! Online wonders if she plucked or tweezed her eyebrows.

Who cares? It was a great story - staged up or not - I don't care if you pretty people get it or not and who gives a crap about what she's done with her eyebrows? Shut up and let us, and Susan, enjoy the moment.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 04:13 PM

It is a great story Steve I agree. But I have to say I did immediately think about the fact that to some point it has to be set up. To get an opportunity to perform in front of the judges on television these people have to go through rigorous audition processes. So someone had prior knowledge of the fact this women could sing.

She seems like a wonderful lady and I hope she goes on to great things but don't underestimate for a minute the fact that these guys seen a buck and what better way to make it than with her story.

See Paul Potts previously. If you have heard of him see below. Similar story which Cowell made millions from.

YouTube - Paul sings Nessun Dorma high quality video/sound widescreen 16:9
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 03:39 AM

Who cares if Cowell did ? He recognizes talent and all the better if becomes Henry Higgins doing so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship inspiration inquiery [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for as many responses as possible, no specific answer, I just need a push in the right direction. What do you think of to keep yourself motivated/inspired in a mutual relationship with a partner you care for or love? Thank you. =)

Print " Inspiration " [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lithograph from 1903 from JJ. Austen and Company Chicago called Inspiration that I received from my Grandmother a few years back. Does anyone know its value? Thanks:

I need.inspiration? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am practicing one of my manga comics for when I get older. Every time I start it seems like everything is going great and the pictures look good. But, when it comes about to the 6th panel I start to loose the feeling, my characters start to get a little awkward, and no matter how many times...

Need inspiration for articles [ 2 Answers ]

I have to write some articles for a web site but don't know where to get inspiration from; I don't want my work to sound the same as all the others! Any suggestions? (The articles are to be about homes/improvements/decor etc but can be regarding any subject within this field)

View more questions Search